Malcolm Bright x F!Reader ~ Profiler's GF

Requested by @Tesia_walker 

(Y/N) POV

I watched as he scanned through papers upon papers of notes to create his perfect profile. Turning over my phone, I found it to be two in the morning; I sat on Malcolm's bed, fiddling with the shackles in a bored state sporadically. Groaning in defeat, I rolled off the bed in my (f/c) fuzzy shorts and a red flannel shirt to the kitchen for a cup of sleepy time tea.

"Mal, you want a drink or something?" I called, pouring water into the kettle to start boiling. I heard nothing but the rustling of papers, a sure sign that he was in his "mind palace." Living with your own Sherlock Holmes is NOT fun, the man never sleeps due to his traumatic past and horrid night terrors. Shivers ran up and down my (s/c) back as I thought back to the many nights of screaming and crying; once, he thrashed around so hard, he ended up hanging out his bedroom window by one of the shackles.

"That's all wrong!" I jumped at the sudden loud exclamation Malcolm had shouted from his desk. Grabbing my toasty-warm mug, I slowly approached his desk as his face was turned upward to the ceiling.

"Does it talk to you?" I inquired, looking at the spot of ceiling he was looking at. He chuckled, coming back to Earth and meeting my gaze. Malcolm pulled me towards him, resting his face on my stomach. "Careful! This is hot, you know." I felt him hum before pulling me on to his lap, straddling him while watching the tea in my hands. "Is this completely necessary?"

"Yes," he mumbled while resting his head in the crook of my neck. Sighing, I sipped my tea while stroking his hair gently. "Keep that up and I just might fall asleep." Placing the mug on his desk, I made him look at me with his baby blue eyes.

"Might be a good thing," I suggested, "this will still be here in the morning. Come on, bedtime." Before he could protest, I kissed his forehead and handed him the mug with the intent that he should drink it. He got the message. Pushing the covers from the bed, I snuggled in and watched as he left for the kitchen to place the now empty cup into the sink before crawling into bed beside me. "Did you need to-" Malcolm shook his head, resting it on my chest with a deep breath.

"I think I'll be okay tonight. I've got you." With a grin the size of Texas, I kissed the top of his head before falling asleep with him in my arms to a very uneventful night. Perfect.