Remus Lupin x F!Reader ~ Snow Snuggles

(Y/N) POV

The wind blew harshly outside the windows as snow plummeted to earth. Hogsmeade sat quietly around my small bookshop as the Hogwarts students had just left for the winter holidays. A soft knock came from my back door in the late hours of the day, around 10 o'clock. I grumbled, leaving the warmth of my soft blankets to open the door for whoever thought it was a good idea to bark at my doorstep this late.

"Evening, (y/n)," spoke Remus Lupin, the current Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. My once grumpy demeanor changed upon seeing his scared face, I let him in with a shiver traveling down my spine as he passed by and the wind followed.

"What brings you here, Remus? Shouldn't you be at the castle?" I inquired, heading to the kitchen to make some tea.

"I just thought you might like some company on a night like this. I know you quite well, (y/n)."

"And I you," I replied, handing him a cup of Earl Grey tea while sitting back down on the couch facing the fire. He hummed at the warmth, sitting next to me with an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I waved my wand, watching as the blanket covered our laps as the fire crackled and sparked and the wind howled outside.

"I assume you know about Padfoot," Remus groaned, sore from today and all of Sirius's antics.

"I heard; do you think he'll come after Harry to see if he's alright?"

"Most likely, which is so stupid but so like him." We laughed, thinking back to our own adventures at Hogwarts. I was a part of the marauders much like Lilly Evans in the fact that I dated Remus 'Moony' Lupin; watching those four boys get into all kinds of trouble was fun but now it's over. A single tear slipped from my eye and rolled down my cheek as I thought back through the years.

"Something wrong, love?" Remus kissed my cheek. I shook my head, leaning against him as I watched the snow fall next to my werewolf.