Sherlock Holmes(RDJ) x M! Reader ~ Nothing to Do

(Y/n) POV

I walked down Baker street to go meet my friend Sherlock Holmes; actually, John Watson had asked me to go check up on him to make sure he hasn't created a new disease. I knocked on the front door and was greeted by a worried Mrs. Hudson who ushered me to Sherlock's door and left without another word.

"Sherlock? Are you in?" I asked, slowly opening the door only to find it blocked by a tower of books. I slipped through the door and entered a dark room with books and notes scattered about. I walked to a window and opened it up, a scream came from behind me. Turning, I saw the detective covering his eyes from the light in an old bathrobe.

"Be gentle with me (y/n)," Sherlock grumbled, moving from his spot on the floor and sitting in his chair. I sighed, removing my coat and sitting in the chair next to him.

"Why was there no light in here?"

"I was trying to see if carrots really do make you able to see in the dark. As you can see, I have multiple bags of carrots here and I need to be in the dark to see if this theory is correct."

"You know that's just a lie told to kids, right?" Sherlock's face was blank as he took a sip from his cup that was on the nearby table.

"What are you drinking? Is that embalming fluid?" A shrug was my answer as Mrs. Hudson walked into the room with a tray of tea. I smiled as she gave me a cup and left the room in haste.

I made small talk with Holmes for a few hours and helped clean up his room; as we cleaned up, it started to rain quite heavily. I asked if I could stay the night, the only response I got was a nod and Sherlock showing me where I could sleep.

"You can sleep on the couch here or there's...my room." I noticed his cheeks turn a pink color as he said the last few words. I nodded and sat on the couch while I watched Sherlock go grab blankets and a pillow. I couldn't help but blush as I thought back on his words.

Hours past and I couldn't sleep and it seemed neither could Holmes. He moved my legs so he could sit on the couch as well.

"I like you," he bluntly stated, looking as red as a tomato. I blushed at his words once more and, without a second thought, kissed him. I wasn't surprised when he kissed back; a smile spread across his face. As we parted for air, I had a big grin on my face to match his; a yawn escaped us both at the same time. I crawled on top of him as he laid down, soon falling asleep.