Thorin x M!Reader ~ Nightmare

3RD POV

Thorin sat on the side of the bed, his head in his hands as flash images of his nightmare twisted his stomach. The battle had been won, Erebor was his home once again, Bilbo left for the Shire with Gandalf, Kili married Taureil, and Fili became Thorin's right-hand man so, he should be happy with his life but something stopped him from having a peaceful night's sleep. The echoey halls of the mountain were silent as every dwarf was asleep except for their king.

"Thorin?" A muffled voice came from beneath the blankets on the bed as a head peeked out; (y/n) had awoken from the decrease of warmth beside him. Thorin looked back at him, remembering every detail of his face as if it would be the last time Thorin would see him.

"Why are you awake?" Thorin asked, trying to seem inconspicuous. (Y/n) raise an eyebrow at his king before sighing and sitting up in bed to face him.

"I could ask you the same thing." They stared at each other for a while before it was too much; Thorin dove towards (y/n), wrapping his arms around the over man's waist in a tight grip. "Nightmare, huh?" Thorin nodded slightly with his face buried in (y/n)'s stomach; (y/n) lied back with Thorin in his arms in a way to comfort the king under the mountain. As minutes flew by, (y/n) began to hum old childhood tunes to calm Thorin as much as he could; soft snores emitted from him as sleep took over. Smiling, (y/n) stared at the rock above before closing his (e/c) eyes and fall asleep.

"King Thorin! (Y/n)! Your presence is requested....never mind." Balin sighed and left their bedroom as he noticed them still asleep in each other's arms. Footsteps approached the door as Dwalin stood beside his brother to look over the two lovebirds; the war had taken a toll on them after the pain and sorrow had subsided. Balin closed the door and left with Dwalin to find Fili instead so Thorin and (y/n) could continue to sleep this war away.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Gandalf, Bilbo, and another young Hobbit burst through the doors of the bedroom to get them both out of bed. The noise woke them up with a start; (y/n) sat up and adjusted his eyes to notice who was in the room, he smiled and left the bed to hug Bilbo tightly.

"Who's this little guy?" he asked, tickling the little guy's belly to see him giggle happily.

"This is my nephew, Frodo. Have you both been asleep this whole time?" Bilbo asked. With a nod, (y/n) scooped up Frodo and gave him the biggest hug he could while still sleepy. Thorin left the bed and made his way to Gandalf, pulling him aside to speak with him on the nightmare from last night; as (y/n) obsessed over the adorable Hobbit, he overheard the two men talking with tears streaming down his face.

"I don't think this is real, Gandalf. I don't think I lived through the battle."