Data x Reader ~ Lessons

(Y/N) POV

The sound of the door chimes interrupted my work on the latest away team report. Shifting my (colour) Star Fleet uniform, I spoke a few words for the door to my quarters to open and reveal Data and his large cat Spot. I smiled as he walked towards my bed, placing Spot on the covers.

"Hello. (y/n). I have an inquiry about something. How do you cuddle?" I snorted, finding his innocence adorable yet hilarious. I turned my screen off and sat crisscrossed on the bed across from the android, letting the cat use me as his bed.

"Where did this come from?"

"Commander Riker and I were-"

"Of course, it was Will. Alright, get comfy and I'll ease your curiosity." Nodding slowly, Data removed his shoes and crawled onto the bed beside me. Smiling softly, I shuffled closer and laid on my back, waiting for him to do the same. "Okay, now try to get comfy. Hold me or Spot, get close and cozy." Data blinked at me in confusion before moving slowly and wrapping his arms around both the cat and me.

"Am I doing this correctly?" I hummed, snuggling in closer to his chest that was surprisingly warm; Spot began to purr as he was squished in between the two of us. "This is very strange but it is enjoyable being you." My cheeks turned red as he spoke; I buried my face from view as my face grew warmer. As we laid there, my eyelids grew heavy from the warmth and pure bliss of the situation.

"Hey, Data. I'm going to take a small nap here. You good?" I asked, looking into his captivating yellow eyes. He gave a small smile, I think, before placing a metal kiss on my forehead. "W-what was that for?"

"Sleep well," he stated, moving me back to his chest. My own smile grew as I felt my body relax and fade away into dreamland.