Bruce Wayne x Reader ~ Parties to Batman

(Y/N) POV

The music blasted through the large room as Bruce Wayne held another party for some reason; Alfred walked about with his tray, serving the guests with ease. I happened to be Mr. Wayne's partner, meaning everyone at this party wanted to talk to me about his at home life and other private things Bruce didn't need others to know. As I was pushed into a corner in utter discomfort, Alfred walked towards the group and called out my name.

"(Y/n)! Ah, there you are! I am in need of your attendance, please follow me," he spoke calmly, bowing slightly to let me go by. We walked off to the kitchen to give me some time to breathe, my social anxiety making my breathing shaky. I brushed off my (suit/dress) before sitting on a chair by the table; Alfred began to fill up more glasses with Champaign, I took a couple of deep breaths before leaving the chair.

"Thank you, Alfred. You really saved me from them, anything I can help you with?" I suggested, hoping to return the favour. Alfred thought from a moment before placing the tray on the counter before hugging me and leaving the kitchen with the glasses. Chuckling to myself, I was about to push the door open when Dick walked in with a worried look.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"I finally found you! A few of the guests said you had disappeared and Bruce asked me to get you. Everything alright?"

"Yeah, just had to breathe a bit." Dick nodded, walking back out with his hand around my wrist. He dragged me through the crowd to a small group of people including Bruce, Jason, and Tim; with a bright smile, Tim gave me a hug before leaving with Dick. Jason raised his hand in a fist, letting my fist pump him before leaving this group of very rich people. Bruce excused himself and grabbed my hand, pulling me through a large set of doors into a disserted hallway.

"I have to go with the boys right now, we got a call from Gordon. I need you to end the party, okay?" He wrapped his arms around my waist, looking into my eyes with a hopeful shine to them. I slowly nodded, watching him grin and kiss my cheek, leaving me standing in the hallway by myself to gather my thoughts. I pushed through the doors and made my way to a small stage that stood at the far end of the room. Alfred was on the way there, I stopped next to him to explain what had happened with the secret superheroes that were supposed to be here.

"Alright, if you need me to take over for you, just let me know." I thanked him and stepped on to the stage, signalling for everyone's attention.

"Everyone, please! I'm sorry to inform you but the party will have to be cut short as something has come up. Please gather your things and leave through the front doors you came through."

"What happened?!" shouted one of the rich patrons. My hands became sweaty as I thought up some reason to end the party.

"Master Wayne has some urgent business that turned up out of the blue and needs his attention." Alfred had once again saved my ass, I nodded and watched as the room became less and less crowded. The music stopped and the party had ended with only myself and Alfred left; we cleaned up and locked up the party hall before taking the car home.

"Ugh!" I groaned as I got into the shower and relaxed in the hot water. I got dressed into a pair of warm fuzzy pyjamas and sat on the bed I shared with Bruce, picking up my copy of Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Hours had gone by and Gotham sat sleeping soundly as the night played on; it was 3 by the time I heard shuffling on the other side of the bedroom door.

"I'm fine, Alfred. You may leave." Bruce's voice was raspy and in pain on the other side; I opened the door and saw Batman dishevelled and hurt with a large gash on his arm.

"Sit," I stated, pointing to the chair by the window at the far corner of the bedroom. Groaning, he sat in the chair and helped me remove his super suit to start patching up the wounds he had received.

"What was it this time?" I asked, stitching up the gash.

"It was a dog," he mumbled.

"What?"

"It was a big dog," he argued, I hummed as I snipped the thread. I wrapped a bandage around it and started on the other wounds. His eyes began to close as we sat in silence, his breathing would quicken when I found the more painful cuts. I let him get dressed, crawling back into bed and waited for him to join me. He snuggled up under the covers, laying on his back so I could rest my head on his chest.

"Where are the boys? Did they get bruised as badly as you?" I teased, poking his nose.

"They're fine, you'll see them tomorrow. We have to go over what happened tonight," he yawned, slowly falling asleep. "Love you, (y/n)."

"Love you too, Bruce." My eyes felt heavy as I let sleep take over.