Alec Hardy x F!Reader ~ Angry Scott

(Y/N) POV

"Bloody smiley bastards!" a heavily accented voice shouted as he walked into my apartment. D.I. Alec Hardy grumbled his way to the couch, slinging his coat, tie, and suit jacket off the arm.

"Tea?" I inquired, trying not to agitate him any further. He groaned, signalling that he was in the need for tea, before grabbing the book I had placed on the small coffee table. Coming from the kitchen with two cups of tea, I saw the cop stretched out over the entire couch with a glum look. I sighed, "your tea, love."

"Uh-huh, bad book," he huffed, tossing me the 'bad book' while sipping on his dark green cup. I hummed, putting the book back and sitting on the chair in front of the window. Street lamps began to turn on, glowing a soft orange hue over the town of Broadchurch.

"Work was that horrid, huh?" I teased, watching his face scrunch up.

"Fuck. You." He rested his arm across his eyes as he spoke. I smiled, resting my elbow on my leg as I leaned towards him.

"Maybe later." He glared at me from under his arm, sipping his tea condescendingly. "Finish your tea then we'll go to bed. You won't have to worry about work till tomorrow," I hummed.

"Shut it and drink your tea," the Scott mumbled, downing his. Laughing, I joined him. We put our now empty cups in the sink before going through the nightly routine, climbing into bed after twenty minutes. Alec rested on his back, letting me cuddle upon his chest and listening to his heartbeat. "Good night, lass."

"You actually said it! Didn't know it did that," I gasped, lifting myself up onto my elbows to look at him. Smiling, I kissed his grumpy lips gently.

"Go to sleep (y/n)."