Bilbo x F!Reader ~ Surprise Name Change

(Y/N) POV

I sat in our shared bed with a book in hand as I waited for Bilbo to return from a business trip. As I read, the phone on the nightstand began to ring with Bilbo's ID. I placed my bookmark to save my place; I placed the phone to my ear to hear loud screams.

"Hello love, where are you?" I asked, wincing at the yelling.

"Umm.... I'm on my way home. Love you, (y/n)!" And with that, he hung up. Confused, I put the phone back and left for the kitchen. I walked out into our apartment to the large kitchen to being making dinner; soup with hash browns, our favourite. The rooms felt empty and quiet as I cooked, a sigh escaped me as I stirred the soup slowly.

"Shh. Stay quiet, I'll tell her then you can come out and surprise her." Hushed voices came from the entrance way. I turned back to look at the pot to cook before hearing footsteps approach the counter.

"Hello, love!" I said as I turned to face Bilbo and a certain wizard. Bilbo walked up and kissed my cheek while Gandalf sat on one of the bar stools to talk with us.

"I'm sorry to keep stealing Bilbo from you, Milady. But something came up with the Durin family."

"That's alright. I hope you gave Thorin hugs from me," I teased, glancing at the Hobbit behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist. He chuckled before going to the fridge for something to drink; I went back to cooking as the men talked about the meeting.

"So, where were you when you called me, Baggins?" I inquired, not looking away from the stove. Bilbo hummed, seeming to think on his best possible answer as to not give away anything he was hiding from me.

"(y/n), how would you feel about a name change?" he asked, sitting next to Gandalf with glasses of wine in hand. I raised my eyebrow to notice both men grinning like little children; I turned the stove off and crossed my arms, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Come on out," called Bilbo. I looked towards the doorway to see a small Hobbit child slowly walk towards the bar stools. He crawled on the stool and sat on it with a huff and a puff; I stared at him with wide eyes.

"AHH!" I couldn't control myself any longer, I rushed to the stool and scooped him up in my arms to hug him. He was a little cautious at first before hugging me back with his small arms, nuzzling into my neck.

"His parents left him to me and I had to take him in. (y/n), this is Frodo." I giggled before walking over to Bilbo to kiss his cheek, setting Frodo on the stool once again.

"What did you mean by a name change, dear?"

"Well, you're now-"

"Aunt (y/n)!" squeaked Frodo, latching onto my shirt. Tears stung my eyes as I looked at the cute bundle of sweetness before hugging all three boys.

"Looks like I may have to change my name after all!"