Nami x F!Reader ~ Money and Lies

(Y/N) POV

July 1st, two days till it was my girlfriend's birthday and I still hadn't been able to find her a gift. I wanted it to mean something but they were either expensive or not right for her; I groaned as I looked through her magazines in the kitchen, Sanji was cooking and must have heard my distress.

"Something wrong, (y/n)-chwan?" he asked, washing off his hands with a towel as he walked over to me. I nodded, slamming my head on the table in defeat.

"I can't find anything for Nami's birthday and it's two days away!" I shouted in frustration, sprawling out over the table. Sanji chuckled at my dilemma and sat in the chair next to me, looking through some of the magazines I had. We looked for about an hour before our captain burst through the doors demanding lunch; Sanji threw a book at him before excusing himself from the table to continue making the food.

"Hey, (y/n)! What about this?" Luffy pointed to the perfect gift out the magazine Sanji and thrown; I rushed over and snatched it out of his hand. My jaw dropped, why had I never seen this?! Cheering, I hugged my captain and read over the details before my happiness was cut short; it cost over ten thousand. I whined as I fell to the floor sadly, not knowing what to do with my life now; I was turning out to be a horrible girlfriend.

"(Y/n), was it wrong?" asked Brook as he walked in. I held up the book and waited for his response with anticipation; Brook laughed before sitting at the table.

"Why don't you just borrow the money?" My eyes lit up as I rushed out of the kitchen to the safe where Nami put all our crew's money for shopping when we reach islands. As my brain started to concocted a plan, the door opened to revile my Nami with a tired look on her face; I quickly made myself look as innocent as possible before walking over to her with a concerned expression.

"What's wrong, love?" I asked, resting my arms on her shoulders. She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my neck with a deep sigh.

"Why did I join this crew? They're so insufferable!" she exclaimed, squeezing me tightly. I held her face in my hands and kissed her nose softly before smiling brightly.

"You joined because I'm here!" I cheekily said, winking. She laughed before kissing my lips gentle and heading over to her desk by the window to start sketching out her map again. I left her to work in peace, bumping into Zoro as I made my way to the deck; the mosshead and I had this sibling relationship even though we weren't actually related.

"Woah, everything okay there, shorty?" he asked, smirking to himself. I grumbled at the nickname, punching his arm as we walked to sit under the swinging tree. He sat against the tree trunk, getting comfy and making space for me to rest as well.

"Say you have to by your lover a birthday present and you found the best gift but it's expensive so you decide to "borrow" some extra money to buy it for them. Do you think your lover would be made at you for stealing the cash?" I asked him, resting my head on his lap while I watched the tree's branches wave in the light breeze that blew by. He hummed, looking up at the sky in thought about my question.

"Well, if they really love you, I guess they wouldn't be that mad but we're talking about Nami so, you're screwed!" I slammed my fist into his chest, feeling his laughter ripple through his body. We stayed there, getting up when lunch was called; during lunch, we arrived at an island with many shops and vendors ripe for the buying. I set my plan into action; I finished lunch first, lied that I wanted to change before leaving the ship, snuck to the safe, and picked up the money I would need to get the gift I found.

"Okay, you have three hours till you have to meet back at the Sunny. Here's your allowance, have fun!" Nami handed everyone their money, kissing my cheek as she passed me. Once she left with Robin, I latched onto Sanji before he could disappear and asked him to come with me to get Nami her present.

"Of course, (y/n)-chwaaaaan!" he sang, spinning around as he followed me through the town. We checked many different stores before arriving at the very last one and finally buying it in a soft orange box with a bright sparkly orange bow. The day ended quickly and soon I had only one day left till Nami's birthday and all my stress from yesterday was nonexistent!

"AHHH!" As we all sat around the table eating breakfast, a high-pitched scream came from out on the deck; Nami burst through the kitchen door with a horrified look on her face. I rushed over to her, asking her what was wrong when her answer caused all the worry from yesterday to bubble back up.

"We are down ten thousand beli!!" she exclaimed in horror. A pit in my stomach twisted and turned with the jealous feeling that washed over me. She started to accuse the others, pointing the blame on everyone but me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her away to the girl's cabin, hunting around for the orange box and pushing it into her face.

"I stole the money cause I wanted to get you this but my regular allowance wasn't enough, I'm sorry," I whispered, staring at the ground as she undid the bow to gaze upon the gift. It was a small tangerine necklace charm that I had her name engraved on. Her arms wrapped themselves around my waist as she kissed my lips softly, I slowly kissed back with my guilt slowly fading away.

"Thank you, babe."