Jaehee Kang x F!Reader ~ A Sweet Treat

(Y/N) POV

I turned the sign around as the day started, my apron snug against my curves with my name tag attached. As I turned the coffee maker on, Jaehee stood next to me with her hair in a ponytail with a small smile on her lips.

"Morning, love. How are you?" I asked pecking her cheek softly. Her smile grew as she returned the kiss and began to arrange the baked goods, her eyes shining at the store before her.

"I'm good, nothing could be better."

"Oh? And why are you so chipper?" I teased, hugging her from behind. Giggling, Jaehee just hummed before going to check over the register. Sighing, I shook my head and started to make the teas that were on the menu above our heads. Our bell on the door rang to signal our first customer of the day had just entered, I turned to see a mother and her two little girls skip towards Jaehee at the counter.

"Could I get a medium mocha and two ginger cookies?" she asked, patting one of the girls' head. The other had caught sight of our assortment of sweet treats, she saw me peeking at her through the glass and wave at me with a huge grin, which I returned. The lady and her daughters sat at a table as they waited, talking about things they would do that day. Picking up the tray with their order, I smiled while placing the food on the table.

"Morning, (y/n)." I turned to the door to see Yoosung, Jumin, and Zen walk to a booth by a window. Smiling, I picked up a notepad and pen before swiftly making my way over to them; Zen winked at me as I approached their booth while Yoosung smiled happily in a light grey suit.

"Morning, guys! Can I get you anything?" I chirped, trying to do my job. Jumin ordered black coffee while the other two couldn't seem to stop laughing, I looked behind me to see Jaehee flinch while she took the next person's order with her eyes in a bit of a shock.

"Okay, are you two gonna order or you just going to sit there and gossip like high school girls?" I teased, resting my hands on my hips. "But first, why are you dressed so sharply, Yoosung?"

"I got the job!" he grinned, Jumin sighed before going back to looking at his emails. After Jaehee had left the position of being his assistant, Jumin proposed the spot to Yoosung and it looked like he agreed. I gave him a giant hug before finally getting their orders while Zen talked of a new show he'll be staring in about wizards and gods.

"Well, I can't wait to see your show, Zen! I'll be right back with your food." I went behind the counter to make coffee, mocha, and a fruity drink; Jaehee brushed past me, kissing my cheek as she took a scone on a plate and bringing it to an elderly couple. After the party we hosted, Jaehee and I began to live together, run the café, and go do things she missed doing when she worked for Jumin.

"I am in need of food, (y/n)!" I turned around to see 707 whining at me with his hair standing on end. Sighing, I grabbed a breakfast sandwich and put it on a plate to hand it to him; he paid me the five and sat down with the rest of the boys in the booth. I watched as the day went by and customers left but my friends never left that table; it was odd, I thought Jumin would have some business or Zen would have practice but no. Jaehee had sat down with them for a chat while I continued to help out the people who arrived; as I worked, Jaehee waved her hand in the air to flag me down.

"Did you need something Jaehee?" I asked. Jaehee held my hands, looking into my (e/c) eyes with a very nervous glimmer in her own eyes. Taking a deep breath, Jaehee began to relay our life together before getting down on her knees.

"I know I ramble but what I'm trying to say is that...you complete me and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" She pulled out a golden ring with misty gems from her apron pocket; I couldn't speak, my eyes teared up as I nodded while the café rang with applause and Jaehee placed the ring on my hand.

I hugged her with all my might, this sweet surprise making the day turn even more golden and precious!