01: Debut

“We’re on in five,” Their manager whispered harshly to each of the girls, who were all taking their places underneath the stage. Everyone hurried to their positions, ducking so they wouldn’t hit their heads on the support beams underneath the stage. Already, the screams of the crowd could be heard. Fan chants were apparently already in use, as their names were being chanted before the music even started.

Nervously, MinHee fumbled for Cora’s hand. Cora’s hand crashed into hers before she even had the chance to search, and they both looked at each other and giggled. “Let’s do this,” MinHee said, and Cora nodded, winking at her.

Slowly, the trap doors over head opened, and the lights that shone above the stage poured down on them. “Ladies and Gentlemen!” A voice boomed. “Give it up for~...”

Slowly, the group began to rise from beneath the stage, and MinHee was already beginning to take deep breaths. Having a showcase on the night of your first ever release wasn’t a normal thing, but the band was so well known, it was required. The platform shot up, shooting all seven of the girls shot out onto the stage. “Passion!” The voice boomed, and the crowd wailed a deafening scream just as Passion’s debut song, ‘Stand Up’.

The second the song started, and the group moved together as one, MinHee knew.

She was where she was supposed to be. She knew it all along, but now, she was positive.

Directly after the showcase, all seven of the girls took their bows, and hurried off stage, panting and sweating, but pent up on adrenaline. Cora skipped ahead of the others, telling them whoever was last was an expired cherry maru. MinHee laughed, though she wasn’t positive a cherry maru could be expired.

Cora was swift, turning the corner towards the dressing room fast, and sprinting down the hall, giving her a good few minutes before the other girls could reach her. Standing just out front of the dressing room was the familiar, lanky figure of a particular boy who Cora was all too happy to see.

“Hey baby,” He said, catching her as she leapt into his arms. Cora’s lips crashed into Mark’s, and he spun her, striding a short way down the hall and into the small cave that held the vending machines. He pressed her against the wall and kissed her again. “You did great out there.” He said, smiling.

Cora bit her lip and held either side of his unbuttoned flannel. She had told him before that she found him cute when he wore flannels and beanies, like he sometimes did during the winter. “It felt awesome to finally be out there, to finally be on that stage.” She said, sighing and closing her eyes. “I’m so freaking happy right now.”

Mark nodded. “Good. But we need to get back before the girls get there and realize you’re not there yet.” He said, kissing her one last time, for a long few moments, before taking her hand and leading her back to the dressing room.

MinHee spotted Cora waiting outside of the dressing room grinning. “You’re all apparently rotten marus.”

MinHee shook her head. “You haven’t gone to change yet?” She asked, and Cora shook her head, opening the door to the dressing room and waiting for the others to go in. She linked her arm with MinHee’s as she moved by, and MinHee laid her head on her friends shoulder. “All that practice was worth it.”