27: Getting Serious

MinHee plopped down in the chair she’d chosen at the cafe table. A menu was already waiting in front of her, but she knew what she wanted. Aiden sat on her left side, and Jinwoo on her right.

A waiter stopped in front of them. “What can I get for you?” He asked, smiling happily and pulling out a notepad.

Aiden beamed. “Can I please have a blueberry tart and a cup of tea, please?” The waiter nodded and scribbled it across the notepad.

“I’ll have the breakfast special and a cup of espresso.” Jinwoo added.

The waiter turned to MinHee. “And you, miss?”

MinHee looked down at the menu, to make sure she didn’t want anything else, but Jinwoo answered before she got the chance. “She’ll have a strawberry and cream crepe and a cup of cappuccino.” MinHee nodded. “Thank you.”

The waiter moved away and Aiden turned to Jinwoo. “How did you know that?”

“I know MinHee pretty well,” He said, smiling. “She likes sweet things when she’s feeling down.”

Aiden’s eyes immediately filled with concern. “What? You’re feeling down? What’s the matter?” He asked, reaching towards her and placing his hand over hers. MinHee looked up at him and he searched her face. “Are you alright?”

She nodded. “I’m fine just… I’m probably just tired.”

“She and Jackson had an argument.” Jinwoo supplied, gathering the menus and putting them at the end of the table as the waiter started towards them.

Aiden waited until everyone was given their drinks before turning to MinHee. “Is everything alright then? He’s not mad about your hair, is he?” He asked, reaching out and patting her hair. “I like it. A lot actually.”

MinHee smiled. “No, that’s not what’s wrong. And we didn’t have an argument. We pretty much broke up.” Her stomach clenched. Letting Jinwoo order food for her was a bad idea, because there was no way in hell she was going to be able to eat.

Aiden’s face fell. “MinHee, I’m so sorry.”

“You deserved better Minnie.” MinHee’s jaw clenched. She didn’t want to hear anything from Jinwoo about it, since it was pretty much his fault. “It’s not even like you were thatserious. You didn’t sleep with him, so you’re safe.”

MinHee shot up, her chair rocketing out from behind her. “Screw you Jinwoo. I don’t want to hear a word from you about the subject! After all, it was pretty much your fault. You just couldn’t leave well enough alone! You hadto give you input, and noonewanted it anyways!” She hissed, storming past him. At the last second, she spun around. “And for your information, I’m notsafe. Not since I went with him to China.” With that, she stormed towards the bathroom, where she was planning on holing up for a bit, until she was able to control herself a little better.