63: Break

Cora stopped and leaned her back against the wall outside of the practice room. Cho Hee stood across from her, arms crossed over her chest. She looked exhausted, her shoulders slumped and obvious bags visible through her coverup. Something was bothering her. "What's going on Cho?" She asked, sliding down the wall a bit into a chair position. She was supposed to be warming up, so she felt like this at least made sense at the time.

Cho Hee sighed. "It's nothing serious but..." She shifted her weight from one foot to the next. "Look I'm trying to be sensitive to the MinHee predicament, but we need to start this next album. Like six days ago." Cora's shoulders slumped. "You can hit her notes-"

"Poorly! I'm not a falceto. I'm an alto, and I don't sing I rap." She said, frowning.

Cho Hee shook her head. "No, I know you can hit MinHee's notes. We just need you to do it for her for now. Should she be able to move forward and do it herself, great, but so we can move along with the actual setup of the songs, you need to take the responsibility of a leader, an adult, and do this for your group."

Cora had never regretted saying anything as quickly as she did in that moment. "Dammit," She huffed. "Fine. Let's do it later." She said, straightening. "And I will be speaking to MinHee about getting her parts done."

Cho Hee nodded. "That's fine but we need things to be finished part wise today. She can have her voice put in later and then we'll do a final recording instead of just a mashed up version."

"So this is just so we get the feel of how it should sound?"

Cho Hee nodded. "That's what the tech guys want to do."

Cora stared at Cho Hee. That didn't sound right. She wasn't sure why but something about it sounded off, somehow wrong. "Maybe I could figure it out from now on?" She asked. Cho Hee shot her a confused look. "I can start doing it, instead of someone else. Maybe I could speak to Suga and Rap Monster, I know they have experience in this kind of thing."

Cho Hee bit her lip. "We'll look into it. For now, you should go practice."

Cora nodded. "We're not looking into it, it's what is going to happen. I'll learn in my free time, so I don't get in the way, but come next album, I'll have done it all, and then we don't have to rely on some third party." She turned and opened the door to the practice room. "Just trying to be a leader."

Reina sat with her back to the others, stretching her arms behind her. She didn't need to look up in the mirror to see that they were gawking at her. She, however, pretended it was no big deal. "I mean, things just weren't working out the way I thought they would. And that's okay but... I just didn't want to pretend anymore." She explained, sticking her legs out in front of her and bending to touch her toes.

Maria was the first to speak. "I'm so sorry Reina."

"Why are you sorry?" She asked, bending to the side.

Maria shrugged her shoulders. "You guys just seemed so happy. You always seemed so happy."

Reina nodded. "We were. Up until recently."

Yuna sighed audibly. "Does this have something to do with MinHee, and how much he pays attention to her in place of you?"

Reina immediately responded. "Yes."

"Reina!" Maria hissed. "It's okay for him to care about his sister!"

Reina sighed and stood. "I agree. And he should care about his sister. She's important to him, she's hurting and she needs support. However, this does not give him the okay to ignore her wishes. She's told him she's okay and that she doesn't need him to come to her rescue twenty four seven. She's told him to relax and let her figure things out, that if she needs him she'd call him. And he still leaves me at our date for two hours waiting for him just so he can tuck her in. My issue isn't that he cares more about his sister. My issue is that he's not doing what's best for her because he should, he's doing what he thinks is best for her because he can, and in doing so he's doing the worst for us. The last time he held my hand was a month and a half ago. The last time he kissed me and it didn't feel like it was just to appease me, was before that." She crossed her arms over her chest. "It felt loveless. We've been dating for... a year now? Maybe more had I counted the months that he ignored me to scold Jackson over nothing. It shouldn't be loveless."