41: Trying

As Cora made her way into the waiting room, she wasn't surprised to find everyone else already waiting. Mark was sitting at the end of a row, his hood pulled over his head and his phone out in front of him, but he looked up and noticed Cora, and moved to his feet.

"Are you feeling okay this morning?" He asked, pulling her into a hug.

Cora nodded against him. "JB said they're taking her arm out of the cast. Do they really think she's ready for that?"

Mark shrugged. "They did say that they reconstructed most of it during surgery, and it just needs to set itself."

She sighed. "I don't care as long as she's okay." She said simply, tightening her grip on Mark. "How are you?" She asked awkwardly.

He laughed. "I've been better," He said, kissing her forehead. "Why don't you sit down and wait, while the doctors take MinHee's cast off." Cora nodded, pulling away from him and following towards where he had been sitting just before she'd walked into the space. She sat quietly, balling her jacket on her lap and staring down at it. She didn't want to be there. She didn't want to know that MinHee was hurting. She wanted things to be the way they were before. "Stop thinking. You're just going to make yourself upset." Mark said, pushing Cora's knee. She looked up at him, and he smiled. "I'm going to run and get some coffee-"

"Yes please." She said lightly, and he laughed. He knew her well. She didn't need to tell him what to get, he already knew, which would explain why he turned and started away from the waiting room without any hesitation.

As he did, Cora fished her phone out of her pocket and pulled up her twitter feed. Her feed was incredibly overwhelmed with tweets from fans asking if MinHee was okay, praying that she'd heal, and a few blaming MinHee herself. What an idiot! Who runs into the road like that? #ImMinHee It made Cora disgusted. Who wouldn't dive to save a child? MinHee! Heal well, as fans need you for the tour! #ImMinHee #PassionCrew Only a few seemed to be endearing, the further Cora scrolled.

She switched to her instagram, and her explore was filled with pictures of MinHee. MinHee smiling, MinHee with Jackson, MinHee with Cora, the group, MinHee and her parents on the night of the midterm performance a year and a half before. It hurt. All the memories came flooding back to Cora.

And it hurt knowing that, even when she saw these pictures, MinHee wouldn't have the same flood of emotions and reminiscing.

She turned off her phone and shoved it back into her pocket, looking towards Jackson, who had a pale face and red rimmed, tired eyes. Had he even gone home? Or had he stayed in the hospital the whole time? He yawned, shaking his head at something BamBam had said, and looking down at his feet.

She looked to JB, who looked like he was only half alive. Reina held his arm, but it was clear that it was doing nothing, he was still feeling just as pained, just as empty as Cora, probably more.

"All visitors here for Im MinHee," A nurse called, and everyone in the waiting room stood. "Please file down the hall. We can only let a few of you in at a time. 5 people will be allowed in the room at a time, but Ms. MinHee did have a few that she solely wanted to see." Everyone perked up, looking around. Three? Who did she remember? Cora and JB was a given, but- "Would a Cora, Jaebum, and Reina step forward."

Reina. Of course. The two had known each other for years. And what was better, she was who was keeping the poor emotional Jaebum from falling over.

The three practically ran forward, and the nurse smiled. "You have to understand that you cannot force her memories back into her. She'll find them on her own." She said lightly, opening the door and allowing the three, only the three, to move into the room.