🐺XXVIII🐺

I hope this chapter cleared what happened in the last one.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Yoongi wondered if he had dreamt the whole thing, but when he grazed his fingers on the mark on Jimin's shoulder, he knew this was real. Jimin had apologised for shouting, but even the strange vision had confused Yoongi. It was like a dream, but felt like a memory he didn't know who it belonged to.

But there were other things he should be thinking about. It was the day of the Luna's first ceremony. Jimin was being formally presented as the Luna of the pack for the first time. Yoongi could see how nervous he was.

The vampire woke up early and asked the Alpha if he could go to the kitchen at the event. Yoongi chuckled at the thought, he probably wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly.

"Why did you prepare hamburgers?" Jimin frowned.

"But isn't that your favourite?" Yoongi said calmly, wrapping his arms around the vampire as Jimin cut the pineapple for the large fruit punch. "And you don't have to worry about the punch, the staff here will do it. Why don't you get changed instead?"

"Not everyone might want to eat hamburgers." Jimin sighed. "Also Seokjin said everyone will be making a toast for me. So I wanted to make sure the punch was delicious." He smiled softly.

Yoongi held Jimin's hand, he saw blood. "You're bleeding, did you cut yourself by accident?"

Jimin held his hand up to the light. "No, I think because the punch is red you are confused." He whispered. "How are you more nervous than I am? You're starting to see things."

"You're right." Yoongi said as he took a sharp breath. "This is a big day for you, for us."

Jimin placed his knife down. "Alright, let's get ready."

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Yoongi knew Jimin was nervous, he could feel his mate's grip on him. The Alpha squeezed his hand back for reassurance. It was an outdoor ball setting. Everyone was sat at their table as the Alpha and Luna walked to the centre stage. He could feel the breeze cold on his skin, and Jimin's warmth. He looked up. If his parents were watching, would they be proud of him? 'I can finally be happy.' Yoongi thought.

"Yoongi..." Jimin said softly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be... you're nervous... it's alright..." Yoongi was stunned when Jimin held his face. Even when he was smiling, Yoongi couldn't help but notice his sorrowful red eyes.

"I hope you don't mind... I've asked the guards to drink some of the punch I made." Jimin whispered. "I know they shouldn't drink on duty but-"

"That's alright." Yoongi smiled. "They have to follow since you have ordered it." He held Jimin's hand, kissing it softly. The vampire had always been ethereal. But today in his white ceremonial clothes, Jimin was breathtaking. "You look beautiful tonight."

"I'm sorry." Jimin said again.

"You don't need to apologise-"

Jimin smiled softly. "I think I'll always be sorry to you."

"I'm your mate, can't I admire you? But I think you would look far more beautiful on our wedding day."
Yoongi felt Jimin stiffen next to him. Was it too early to mention it? He wanted to slap himself. Jimin was already nervous about presenting as a Luna, how could he mention such a sensitive topic now that all eyes were on them.  "Sorry, forget what I said." Yoongi mumbled quickly.

Jimin smiled at all the people looking his way. Every member of the pack was with their wolves. "Does it matter who the Luna is?"

"Why would you say that?" Yoongi frowned. "You're the Luna because it is your destiny."

"You believe everything happens for a reason?"

"Yes." Yoongi mumbled.

Jimin was silent for a moment. "Sometimes destiny could be so cruel." He leaned closer to Yoongi, his legs were still weak and he could only walk properly if Yoongi was supporting him.

The Alpha thought Jimin was referring to how they met. It truly would have been dangerous. Any later and he probably would have really lost Jimin. The vampire stood still, they were at the centre of the stage, and this time when he caught Jimin's gaze it felt different.

His surroundings felt like they were spinning. The flashes from the camera blurred his vision. The only thing he could focus on were the bright red in Jimin's eyes. He was saying something but Yoongi couldn't hear him anymore.

There was a sickening feeling that brew at the pits of his stomach. He couldn't seem to move any muscle in his body. He felt numb. And he could only watch as the Jimin before him got further and further away.

Jimin's scent of vanilla and apple was replaced with the cold breeze. And only when the warmth he was used to had left, his visioned cleared. Jimin was no longer next to him.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Love Minty xx