🐺XXIV🐺

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
They had all been drugged. Yoongi and Namjoon were the first to regain their surroundings. The other members of the pack were all on the ground wailing in pain. It was hard to tell reality from a nightmare.

"Jimin!" Yoongi shouted. "Where is he?!" He gripped onto Namjoon's shoulders. "Tell me you saw something."

The head of security had bowed his head defeatedly. "Sir, it took an hour for the effect of the drug to wear off... he's gone..."

"We need to check the cctv footage." The Alpha said slowly. "The kidnappers would have left a clue. They would call for a ransom... we have to empty the treasury-"

"Yoongi." Namjoon said slowly. He wasn't speaking as a subordinate. But as a friend. Sometimes that was harder. "He choose to leave."

Yoongi fell to his knees, it was almost as if he was stabbed all over his body. The truth hurt in such a cruel way. How could he accept the kind of truth that would ruin him? Were those sweet words... goodbye?

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

The pack was in a frenzy. The Luna they had just met had already been taken away from them. Everyone wanted answers. But instead of answering them, Yoongi had locked himself up in the security tower with Namjoon. No one was allowed inside.

"Sir, we should tell the elite team the truth, it would help us find him." Namjoon said finally. "I've trained them personally, they are loyal to us."

"That's the problem." Yoongi ground his teeth. "How could I tell our loyal pack members this? I... don't want them to hate Jimin."

Namjoon sighed heavily, he too was running out of ideas. "Sir, I've check the CCTV footage. It seems Jimin knew where all the blind spots were. And even some footage was replaced or taken down. The system had been hacked."

"If he wanted to leave so badly- he shouldn't have come here in the first place." Yoongi brushed his hair back in frustration."Now that we've met... did he really think I would let him go?"

"I had a hunch... that he may have come here to take something." Namjoon said slowly. "We basically know nothing about the vampire organisation... or who Jimin was working for. But the fake Luna's ring had been taken." Namjoon pointed at the computer and played a clip. It showed a figure lowering themselves from the vent by the ceiling. Yoongi watched closely. He knew Jimin's silhouette the most. His small frail body. The one that only belonged to him. "This was the only footage that hasn't been tampered with."

Yoongi thought it was still possible to deny it all. He could still convince himself that Jimin had never betrayed him. But it was too late. The figure in the footage had taken the ring from its case. He watched as the thief faced the camera, taking his mask off.

"Delete this footage." Yoongi commanded as he punched the table in frustration. "If they are after the Luna ring, we would hear from him soon. If not we send the team to infiltrate every mountain on every land until we find him."

Namjoon nodded, he cleared all the CCTV footage. Even when betrayed... the Alpha could only protect his mate. He didn't know what to feel. His whole life hadn't prepared him for this. "Sir, I'll talk to the elite team, and prepare the treasury for negotiations."

"Why did he have to steal the ring?" Yoongi's fist pounded on the table. He felt nauseous. Jimin's absence was slowly starting to take a tool on him. His Luna was supposed to be by his side. Like all mate's they would face all trials together. "I was going to give it to him anyway."

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Jungkook's POV next ☺️

Thank you for reading 💜