🦇XVI🦇

Thank you to those that have been cheering me on ☺️
🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

"Look gukkie." Jimin chimed as he pointed at the extravagant displays on the market stalls. There were trinkets, powdered snacks, jewelry, and other rare items from other regions of the world. It was broad daylight and Jimin had been going outside during the day far more than he was used to. He reasoned it was because he wanted to adjust to Jungkook's world. "Aren't these bracelets so beautiful? The luminescent pearls are traded in by the mermaids. I've only seen them once before-"

Suddenly someone bumped into Jimin. It was Jungkook's instincts that made him pull the vampire closer to him with one hand, his umbrella in the other."Master." Jungkook spoke softly. "You need to stay close, otherwise people run into you and I cannot provide you shade from the sunlight."

Jimin wasn't listening, he had already taken Jungkook's hand. Their fingers interlocked as Jimin dragged him away. The butler sighed as he followed Jimin towards the stall he kept eyeing. "We would like a pair of matching bracelets please."

"That would be seven silver coins Sir." The vendor spoke polietly. "A small discount for the kind sir."

Jungkook nodded. He reached his pocket for his bag of coins, but to his horror, nothing was there. The human quickly scanned his surroundings. At the end of the market was the man that bumped into them earlier. "I'll be back." Jungkook shouted before he made a fast sprint towards the thief. He barged through the crowd and earned plenty of profanities from the people but within a couple of minutes he had managed to follow the man into an abandoned alley. "Give me back what you stole!" He shouted.

"Stay back." The man yelled as he pulled out a dagger, pointing it towards Jungkook. "Or I will kill you!"

The head butler froze, he wasn't trained in combat. He wasn't strong. But he needed the pouch back, he was stubborn. Jimin taught him that. "No. Give it back and I wouldn't report it to the authorites."

The man let out a haughty laugh before he lunged forward. Jungkook was too slow, yet the wind that brushed up his skin was fast. He was pushed to the side and infront of him was Jimin. But there was something different. Jimin's eyes had darken almost to black. He held the dagger's blade in his hand tightly as he kicked the thief three strides away from them.

There was a malignant aura that surrounded Jimin, something that Jungkook had never seen before. He felt his heart racing as if he were looking down a large cliff. He didn't know what was going to happen next. The stranger was trying to get up, he didn't want to give up the fight. And it was in that moment Jimin looked at Jungkook with tears trickling down his cheeks. "Close your eyes, don't open them until I tell you."

Jungkook felt dizzy, yet he obeyed. There was something Jimin didn't want him to see. His hands were shaking and the only think that was keeping him from fainting was the sound of foreign screams. It was a mixture of desperate pleads for redemption. But from the sound of blood spraying into the air, Jungkook knew Jimin wasn't in a forgiving mood. "Monster." The man cried bitterly before there was silence.

The head butler could hear his own chest, it sounded like it was about to burst. He couldn't hear anything else and his whole body was shaking. Suddenly, he felt warmth. The body of his lover holding him tightly. Even under the malignant and metalic scent of blood, he could smell the pine and rain. He could feel embers warming his every being.

"Don't you dare risk your life for some thing so replaceable as money." Jimin shouted as he punched the ground. Jungkook only feared the dissapointment he had become. But even though Jimin was angry, he held Jungkook tightly, like he was begging for something the younger never understood.

"I- he-but he had a knife. He hurt you." Jungkook stuttered. If he was to lose Jimin over something so stupid, he couldn't live with himself.

"You can open your eyes." The vampire's tone was softer. And once again the human obeyed. In front of him was Jimin drenched in blood, his silk shirt was stained and his blonde hair was dyed in a simillar shade as to the ones that he held in his beautiful eyes. Haistly, Jungkook checked for the wound he saw on Jimin's hand, but was surprised to find it was healing before his eyes.

"You're human. I am not. Your life is valuable so next time someone steals something. Let them take it." Jimin took a deep breath, it was clear he was relieved. All he was concered about was Jungkook's safety. "You said you'll be with me for a long time. So value your life. I will lose you one day. But not a day sooner than I'm supposed to."

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇
I hope you like,

Minty xxx