🦇LXXVI🦇

A peek into the past for the next few chapters ^_^

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

One thousand years ago

When Jungkook thought about it, he knew he was always one to prepare farewells. Whether it was arranging Butler Samuel's funeral, to the cook's and to all the people that died around the Master. He never knew that the day of his own death would come sooner than expected. He spent most of the time writing letters in hopes that it could comfort Jimin one day.

Despite the agony that his body recalled so vividly, Jungkook's happiness was at its peak. For today, Jimin had prepared a small chapel filled with white and red roses. A union he had promised, even though their time was running out so cruelly. While holding tightly to the Master's hand, Jungkook felt the need to lean on Jimin to support himself. His fragile human body found it hard to stand on its own. The aisle to the chapel was covered with precious white petals. He looked beside him to find Jimin had worn a beautiful white suit matching the velvet red suit Jungkook wore. Red had always been an important colour for them, something that would be present in both their beginning and end.

"Do you like it, my beloved?" Jimin hummed sweetly. As he led Jungkook slowly to the alter. There wasn't a witness insight, the Master wanted their wedding to be mysterious, an event that was both important to their lives. Because no one could really comprehend the love they had for each other. He could remember, the melody of the song Jimin was humming to in delight as he held Jungkook in his arms. He vividly recalled the warmth that was leaving his body and the feeling of his soul being captured completely by the moment. Because the only person that could be seen reflected off of Jimin's eyes was him.

"It's perfect," Jungkook mumbled against his cheek. "Hold me tighter." He whispered. He wanted the warmth to linger on his skin. He wanted to remember this moment. The happiness that overwhelmed the sorrow that was piercing his heart. He wanted Jimin to possess his every being. Only then would he have no regrets that he loved a beautiful creature that was always beyond his reach. Love was such a foolish thing. But all it took was one look and his heart and soul had already belonged to Jimin. "I'm yours in ways that cannot be simplified into words. Remind me today and remind me again tomorrow."

Jimin smiled sweetly as gentle tears streamed slowly from his crimson eyes. "Remember our love, in the ways that I cannot forget. Remember my touch, the gentle hands that are only made for treasuring you. Remember my words, they are filled with sorry, thank you and I love you. Remember us in both happiness and sorrow. In life and in death, where you go, I will follow."

The butler stepped away from the embrace. He observed the hollow look in Jimin's eyes. Like he had long broken completely and Jungkook hadn't noticed. The truth was his smile only hid his tortured heart. The suffering that plagued their lives. The pain that was felt tenfold because it was shared between them. "My love, we spoke about this." Jungkook shouted. "You cannot follow me in death it is impossible. You promised me you would continue to live life to the fullest."

"Shhh." Jimin hushed as he held Jungkook, caressing his hair softly as he mumbled. Jungkook thought if Jimin held him tightly, he could feel the warmth. He never expected the blaze he longed for in the Master's soul was already disappearing as his illness developed. "There is a way. I will find it and I will follow you. Even in death we cannot part."

Jungkook's body froze in horror. The sound of Jimin's voice was unfamiliar to him, the way he was scarily optimistic, his tone and the way he held Jungkook tightly. "Or I will not allow you to die." A cord of reason had been strained enough, and upon breaking, there was only insanity left. He hadn't expected Jimin would dwindle into a state of mind that couldn't be rationed with.

"Jimin... I'm sick remember." Jungkook's voice quivered. The truth had long been out in the open, yet it was clear by Jimin's expression that the truth held no meaning. "The doctor said I only have-"

"He's lying to us." Jimin said as he showed Jungkook a smile, tilting his head slightly as his eyes beamed brightly. "We will get you a new doctor and you will be fine." Jungkook felt a cold chill spread throughout his body. As tears continuously stream down his face.

Blood. That was right. Jimin had told him that a vampire would begin to lose their sanity after three days of not drinking blood. He should have been mindful. It must have been over a week since he had some to drink. "Where is the assistant butler?" Jungkook asked frantically. "We need him to-"

But Jimin was already in the depths of his delusions because for the first time Jungkook saw his beloved deny an inevitable death. "He was sent to a new family." Jimin explained as he cupped Jungkook's cheek, nuzzling against his nose. A touch so innocent, yet combined with painful words that pierced Jungkook's heart with suffering that cannot be cured. "I have you, why should I ever need another butler."

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Love minty xx