🦇LXXVII🦇

Exams are finally over😭😭 I'm buying myself a whole cake tomorrow

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇
One thousand years from the present

Jungkook recalled this day perfectly. He remembered how perfect Jimin had fried his eggs for breakfast. He remembered the blue opal sky that turned a beautiful scarlet when the sun began to set. He remembered the white silk blouse Jimin wore that day as he tended the roses in the garden. He remembered how perfect the moon was as crystal light reflected on Jimin's beautiful wine eyes. Everything had to be perfect for this one moment so that on his last breath, he could see the most beautiful sight, his love smiling at him.

Time moved slowly when approaching death, at least it did for Jungkook. Perhaps it was because he treasured every moment dearly. He realised more things and he thought a lot. Because at that moment, his memories came flooding like he was opening a time capsule. One filled with precious memories he treasured.

He remembered the first day he saw those eyes because that was when Jungkook felt like his life started. The warmth was like a little matchstick on a cold snowy day. Even until now, Jimin looked at Jungkook and it always coated him with light. Like he was saying thank you. But it was Jungkook who had always been grateful. His smile, the sweet sound of his laughter when they enjoyed the simplest of their mundane life. Even the way Jimin said his name it was like it was meant to be said by him. Then it was the memory of his lips, how they moved as they kissed him. His touch, how he could be careful as a passionate lover as well as an unconditional companion. His words that comforted Jungkook, telling Jungkook of his love.

He could see Jimin running towards him, even as the memories suddenly spiralled faster as the contents of the capsule of memories emptied into the air. And then without a second of hesitation, it stopped. Because on this day, he finally met his end in Jimin's arms.

Jungkook found himself in the middle of life and death. Unable to be with his love and unable to leave him. Because from now on, he could only watch all the suffering he had caused. And with a heart filled with regret, he couldn't find a way out. He had only known Jimin for such a short time.

He watched as Jimin quietly carried his body into the Master bedroom. He could only watch as Jimin's tears failed to fall from his eyes. Pain that was so severe, his heart was unable to express the sorrow. And this was Jungkook's greatest regret. In a room that was meant from the two of them, Jimin sat by his body's side in silence. Only after a few hours did a smile finally form on Jimin's lips. It wasn't one of happiness but the evidence of the extortion of his crumbling world. One that broke Jungkook's heart as he watched.

Because despite all their promises, the inevitable couldn't change. Jimin was someone that could never die. No matter what method or how great his desire was. So after all this time, who was saving who? And who was hurting the other? Because given another chance, there was nothing Jungkook could have done differently. Even if he were to find another source of fire from someone else. It would never be the same. Yes, because Jungkook realised, he could never love someone the way he loved Jimin.

"I'll stay here until you wake up." Jimin whispered as he gently kissed the knuckles of Jungkook's cold body. The Master had been in denial for far too long, it was a type of sickness in itself. Everything Jungkook had feared was becoming a reality before his eyes. Even as he screamed, his departed soul could no longer be heard. Why? What did he do wrong? Why was Jimin even more desperate than the day they met? Yes because that day, it was Jimin's eyes that were pleading for someone to save him.

Three days later, a maid had entered the chambers, in her hands was a tray with a box of flasks. "Master. The ointment you ordered from the elvish clan had arrived today. Here are the samples." She walked slowly towards the Master. It was clear the moment she realised what was really on the bed. Not a sick person, but a corpse. Her hands were shaking as she dropped the tray on the floor. Jimin caught the flask with one hand as the other held onto Jungkook. He began pouring the ointment on Jungkook's body in silence. "Master, Butler Jeon... has passed away... we need to prepare the funeral-" He stumbled on her words, never understanding what was happening.

"Silence," Jimin shouted. His eyes had darkened as he tightened his fist, only relaxing after a few moments. "You're too noisy. You're disturbing his sleep. This ointment will look after his body while I wait for him. He will wake up soon. And he will come back with a smile. Doesn't he look so beautiful? My precious beloved."

"But Master-" She was trembling as she covered her mouth, unable to comprehend the horror that came with Jimin's insanity. At this moment, Jungkook saw the repercussions of taking Jimin's hand the day they met. And although he could never regret feeling this kind of love, he realised he was only poison. So Jungkook prayed. If there was someone watching, they would take pity.

"No." Jimin declared. "The part of me that is him, will never die."

And one day those prayers were answered.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

I was a little worried this chapter may be hard to understand, but Jungkook is now part of the spirit world, and he's watching Jimin towards the end.

Love Minty xxx