🐺LXVI🐺

I don't know if I should put a a trigger warning but it is here just in case :)

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

When Yoongi and Jimin woke up that morning, the sun was already high in the sky. It wasn't like Yoongi was accustomed to it but Jungkook had always woken them up for breakfast at seven in the morning without fail. Jimin's worry was visible, panic already setting in as he ran out of the master bedroom and into the spare room by the kitchen. Yoongi followed closely, he didn't know what to expect but he could sense something like fear. Something he too was familiar with.

They had found Jungkook in the bathroom, coughing blood, it was all over the sink. Jimin was at his side, checking his vitals then helping him slowly onto the bed. "How long have you been in this state? You were pretending you were fine yesterday!" Jimin shouted angrily. Yoongi knew the most that worry was often paired with anger. Someone he loved was in pain. They all were.

But Jungkook chuckled softly, grounding his teeth from the pain that could no longer be hidden. He smiled as he cupped Jimin's cheek softly, bringing Jimin's hand to his cheek. "You had such a happy look on your face, I didn't want to ruin it by such a little thing." It was true even Yoongi could understand Jimin hadn't smiled that much for a long time even he couldn't dare bring up an argument or anything that could possibly tarnish the glow Jimin had that day.

Jimin's fingers were on Jungkook's wrist, he had been keeping an eye on his situation, examining the route of the problem. "You're showing the same symptoms from when you were human. Your hair is..." His mate's hands were shaking like he had a thought he didn't want to remember. "You need blood to recuperate."

"Shh." Jungkook hushed tenderly, as he held Jimin's hand. "I know what you're thinking about. You won't have to cut your hair along with me like before. You don't have to keep an eye on me all the time. I don't want to feel helpless, you know how I am."

"I'll think of something." Jimin cried. "The stone may not be the only way, I've been waiting for the reports by the elvish clan. Don't you dare lose hope." And all Yoongi could do was watch, even as guilt crept up to him, wrapping around his neck tightly. Perhaps he had been stubborn enough.

"I remember," Jungkook said. "We traveled a lot during my last few months as a human. You had to push me around in a wheelchair, wasn't I a little pathetic? I was supposed to be someone looked after you. But you were the one looking after me." His eyes began to tear up and at this moment Yoongi felt like he was intruding. Yet, his feet were planted firmly on the ground. "There was this night I went to look for you, and I saw you try to plunge a dagger into your heart. I heard you mumbling 'It didn't work' repeatedly. I watched as tears failed to roll down your cheeks and I realised how broken you were. I never brought it up. Why did I do that? I watched as you fainted from the pain and wondered how many times you tried when I wasn't looking. But I realised... I couldn't help you."

"You just die," Jimin screamed, pain was all that could be seen in his eyes. "All of you, no matter how much I love you, death would take you away from me. What else was I supposed to do? I don't want this eternity on my own. Why can't I follow you where ever you're going?"

"Beloved-" Jungkook stuttered.

"I'm not listening anymore," Jimin shouted. He quickly turned away but he stopped at the door where Yoongi was stood. Their eyes met briefly and in that look, Yoongi knew everything he was feeling. There was anger yet an overwhelming magnitude of sadness. Pain had lingered far longer than it was supposed to.

"You need to accept, that I don't have much time left." Jungkook called after him.

"I'm going to get the medical equipment we have reserved," Jimin mumbled.

Suddenly it was only Jungkook and Yoongi in the room alone. The thought crossed his mind plenty of times, how many problems would both be created and solved if he had just conceded and given them the elixir.

"Don't pity me." Jungkook grinned. "I don't need your sympathy."

"Shouldn't you be begging me?" Yoongi grounded his teeth. "If it was already this bad why haven't you asked for the jewel since?"

"If I asked would you give it to me?" He coughed as more blood littered the sheets. "I was already dead the day you gave the mark that prevented the Master from taking my blood."

"What are you talking about?"

"Use your imaginations a little more." Jungkook smiled weekly. "Why do you think the Master first took me in, a human incapable of anything?" Yoongi's silence was clear. Not much else was needed to connect the dots. "The head butler of the estate was the Master's own personal meal. This was my reason for my existence and you took away that reason. So if you're waiting for me to beg, you're a thousand years too late for that. Even if you offer the elixir to me on a silver platter what's the point if everything isn't the same?"

Yoongi was reminded, he was the villain between the two that connected so fiercely even without a bond. There was certainly doubt but even regret was long overdue."The deal you offered... I'll take it."

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Sooo 👀 I need to chill

Love Minty xx