🐺LXXXIV🐺

The following chapters are set a really long time ago, long before Jimin had even met Jungkook

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

A long time ago

Yoongi recalled a day where the summer breeze was unable to mellow the heat from the sun that rose at the peak of the sky that day. They were living in a world where mutation within humans allowed them to identify as a different specie. A rare occurrence where a child born from two humans was able to summon a demon. A demon that grants them greater strength, greater powers and a role in the higher clans of the newly evolved society. Because on the warmest day of the year, children who were five years old were sent to the large altar in the village square to summon their demon.

"Look Yoonie." Yoongi followed the sound leading to another child in front of him. She smiled. "Do you think we will be like mother and have a-"

"Don't say that Aera." The words left Yoongi's lips without knowing it. He had no control of his body or the words that left his lips. He was only watching his memories play before him, behind a looking glass where he couldn't intervene. "We aren't allowed to talk about that, remember? Mother said so."

"Ohhh Yoonie look." She pointed at the front. There was a large burst of light, the boy that stood at the altar was able to summon something that looked like a little fairy. "He's the first one in the village to summon something. Wow." Her eyes glittered from excitement as she tugged Yoongi's clothes. "I want a pretty fairy as well."

"He's going to move into an elvish clan," Yoongi murmured. Now that he thought about it that was the only explanation for why there were many visitors at their village. Since summoning demons was a rare trait, many clans wanted to take in anyone who was able to summon the same demons like them.

"What if we have different demons, will we be separated?" Aera pouted, it was clear it was something she didn't want. But Yoongi also felt the same, he didn't want his family to separate. If he or Aera had a fairy demon, their whole family can go to the same elvish clan. Right because all he had was his mother and his twin sister Aera.

"Concentrate." Yoongi hissed. "You're next."

"Yoonie... do you want a demon or do you not want a demon?" She asked quietly. 

"I want one if I have one, but if I don't then it's okay," Yoongi replied. "Won't it be like having a friend?"

"Demons aren't friends." Aera giggled. "They don't really say anything, they just follow you around and share your thoughts."

"Oh." Yoongi whispered. "I-"

"Aera come forward." Called the village leader.

She ran up to the altar proudly, raising her hand as she slowly mumbled the incantation. Yoongi watched with anticipation, a purple hue mist had covered the altar, and when the smoke had disappeared a beautiful black wolf appeared. His eyes widened, he had never seen a wolf so pretty before. Gasps filled the village square because a werewolf spirit user was one of the rarest species currently known. Yoongi watched as everyone cheered around them, Aera ran happily into their mother's arms who was stood smiling in front of the crowd of parents. At least they would be invited into a wealthy werewolf pack and never have to worry about food ever again.

Now Yoongi was next. The platform he had to walk on was slightly elevated from the ground. It was silent around him once more as the excitement died down. He wondered what kind of demon he would summon. Would it be like his sister or would it be like his mother?

The incantations that were said was something they had learnt from when they first started speaking but now that he had the small dagger in his hands he couldn't help but feel nervous. Gripping the dagger tightly, Yoongi created a wound on his hands, his lips moving on their own as he watched the blood trickle onto the summoning circle.

He could feel the earth tremble as black smoke rose from the markings on the floor. His blood being absorbed by the mist that slowly begun to coat him, finally collecting before him. In its place was a small boy roughly his height. Honey blonde hair like the sun under the azure sky. A stoic beauty that didn't know how to smile. A dead gaze within those pretty crimson eyes that pierced into his soul. Yoongi knew who he was facing, but he couldn't recognise him. As his memories continued to spiral like a moving and unchanging film, the Alpha finally recalled the unwavering bond between him and his love. It was one of a demon and his Mistress because in Yoongi's first life his soul carried a female body. He was the 'her' that had brought his most beloved to irreversible ruins.

Only for clarification, in the past Yoongi is female, but I will continue to use he/his pronouns as the Yoongi in the present is male and he is the one looking back at the memories xx

All the love,

Minty xx