🦇XXXV🦇

Hello ☺️

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

"You have an illness." Jimin's voice trembled. He must be familiar with illnesses that concern the human body. Jungkook didn't know how many butlers Jimin had before him. Each one was taken by a different kind of plague.

Jungkook was confused to see a smile on the vampire's face. "What are you thinking?" The human asked.

"You only said those mean words because of this right?" Jimin said slowly, his ruby eyes looking into Jungkook's teary ones. The human froze, he didn't know what to say. "I'm smiling because it means you don't hate me."

"How can I ever?" Jungkook cupped Jimin's face, kissing him softly. "I've been wondering, when you picked me up from the streets... what was it about me that made you choose me?"

Jimin closed his eyes, he took a deep breath.
"You looked like you didn't want to be chosen, like you had given up." Jimin held Jungkook's hand kissing each knuckle tenderly. "I wanted to give you a reason to want to live. But now that I look back, I was giving myself an excuse to live." Jimin hugged Jungkook tightly. "Don't worry about the illness, I know healers from other species, they are going to bring you back to normal." Jimin hushed.

Oh. Jungkook realised at that moment, that Jimin didn't understand the severity of his illness. His chest tightened at the hope filled in Jimin's eyes. "I can't get better..." Jungkook said cautiously. "The illness concerns the blood, it's cancer of the blood... the doctor says, two years... if I'm lucky. There is no cure."

Jimin shook his head, his tears wetting his cheeks. "The Doctor is lying." He insisted. He looked up, laughing hysterically. "You're going to be fine... I'll find a cure, I'll search the whole world." Jimin's hands began to tremble once again. "We need a new doctor, I didn't like that one anyway. He's too pessimistic. Let's hire a doctor from the elf realm. I have a good friend... he had been able to help the others..."

"Jimin!" Jungkook shouted. He gripped on the Vampire's shoulders. "I've read the death account you kept of your previous butlers. None of them had leukaemia! I'm telling you, there is no cure. I've already spoken to our connections. No one can fix this."

"Did it matter!" Jimin yelled back. "Every illness has a cure. What kind of reasoning is that?" He brushed his hair back in frustration. "Do you expect me to just accept this? That this is my fault?"

"What?!" Jungkook didn't understand. "When did I say it was your fault?"

"I've been feeding on you..." Jimin tried to explain. "More that I ever did to anyone...I got too complacent... I got too addicted to you. To us."

"Everyone has to go one day." Jungkook wanted to be brave at least for Jimin's sake. "If it wasn't this, something else would take me. Another illness, a different cause of death." Or was he only reassuring himself?

"Do you know why I have to do many good deeds?" Jimin's voice broke. His whole world and the life they planned together both shattering in front of him. "The curse for the crime I did means I can never die. The Goddess cursed me, I'm trying to make up for the sins I committed."

"... never die." Jungkook repeated. This was the first time Jimin ever spoke about the curse that was tied to him. The luxury of a long life, all the power and all the wealth one could dream. He had suspected various things but this, didn't a vampire just normally have a long life? But now that Jimin had said it, it was all too real. Jungkook knew very well, why something like this could be a curse on someone that always loved devotedly.

"It means even after thousands and thousands of years, I can't follow you after you leave me."

Jungkook understood. The end of Jimin's curse was unknown. It was only until the caster of the curse would grow pity. Pity on this beautiful vampire, with eyes like crimson flames. Jimin was sentenced for life. Where he would see death repeatedly through those eyes. A life that would never end.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Why do I make long stories 😭

Love Minty xxx