Christmas Lights

You slowly wake up. Luke's still sleeping. You slowly and carefully walk out of Luke's bedroom. Just to be clear, Luke's your best friend. 

Well yeah, you two slept in the same bed for a night. But, best friends. Nothing more. 

You go downstairs and make some breakfast for you and Luke. You're pretty sure he'll wake up when he smells the scent of pancakes. After baking some pancakes, you heard some footsteps. And yeah, there's Luke. As soon as the door opens his eyes lit on. 

"Yummm , pancakes!' He says sounding like a little kid. You laugh at your thought and look Luke in the eyes. He smiles. "Morning" he says and smiles back. You smile even wider now. "Morning Lukeyboy' you reply and laugh a bit. "So, want some pancakes?" You say, pretending he doesn't want pancakes. "Yessss, pancakes!" he yells. You laugh because now, he really does sounds like a kid.

While you the two of you eat some pancakes, you can feel Luke staring at you. You look up and, yes, he's staring. You laugh a bit. 

"What's wrong?' you ask him. "Oh, I was just wondering, do you' he sighs and looks down. "Just say it Luke" you say and smile while he looks up. 

"Okay, it's just , do you maybe want to go to see Christmas lights with me? Like, just me and you?' He asks you. You can tell he's pretty shy at the moment. He's normally not really shy. Most of the times, he's loud. He's always really excited about anything. But he's often shy. So that's new. 

"Of course I want to! Seems really fun!' you say being really excited. He blushes and smiles. He tries to hide he is blushing, but of course, you already saw the pink-red color on his cheeks. Well, guess that's new too.

-

After a couple of hours, jokes and smiles, it was almost time to go to see the Christmass lights. "Well I am going to get ready and then I'll drop you off at your house so you can do your hair and all of that stuff" he says. 

"So uhm, yeah, what should I wear?" He says scratching his neck. He always does that when he's nervous. "I'll help you. So, in which clothes do you feel comfortable?" You say. "That doesn't matter, just pick something out that you like." He says, smiling. "Okay." 

After picking some clothes up from the ground and combine them, you had finally picked out an outfit for Luke. "Okay, thanks, I'll get dressed." He says and goes to the bathroom. You take a seat on Luke's bed. You look around even though you already know how his room looks like. You've known Luke since you two were like , around, 10 years old. The past few years, you've always same him as your brother. But now, to be honest, you have a crush on him. Sounds kind of cheesy.

-

After looking around and thinking about the past few years, Luke's ready. He's flat hair is now in a quiff and he changed into the clothes you picked out for him. "You like what you see?" He suddenly says and he starts laughing. Oops. You were staring. Awkward. "That outfit, so stylish, I wonder what genius picked that out' you said. Luke chuckled. "Me, of course." Luke says. "Yeah right" you say and smile. "So, ready to go to your house?' He says and smiles. "Yup" you say, popping the p. To be honest, Luke driving skills aren't the best. But yeah, at least he 'tries' to be save. You smile at your thoughts.

-

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back." You say. Luke takes a seat in the sofa and watches tv. You smile and go to your room. "What. Am. I. Going. To. Wear." you sigh and mumble to yourself while looking into your wardrobe. You decide to match with Luke. He's wearing a skinny black jeans, a bandshirt with red letters and a leather jacket. 

With that in your mind, you take a look into your own wardrobe. After throwing a lot of clothes on the ground out of frustration, you finally picked out the perfect outfit. A black dress right under the knees, paired with a leather jacket. Yeah, you and Luke match. Oh, and because you don't want to have cold legs, you decide to wear skin-colored tights. 

Because you couldn't decide if you would curl or straighten your hair, you decide to straighten it and curl it at the ends. Because you don't like heels that much, you decide to wear some converse.

When you walk into the living room, Luke isn't interested that much in the tv anymore. "What's wrong?" you say. "It's just.." He starts of. "Oh no, I look weird, right?" You say. "No, you look beautiful. You really do." He says and comes closer. "Thanks" you say awkwardly. 

"We even match" you say, making it more awkward. "Yeah,so cool. We're like a couple" he says chuckling. "Do you mind?" you say shyly. "Of course not! You would be the perfect partner!" he says being some kind of excited. You look at him with a confused look while his cheeks turn a slight shade of red. You laugh at what just happened. "I think you would be the perfect partner too." you tell him. 

He looks up and his perfectly blue eyes look into yours. Woah. They really are beautiful. Woah, we're a couple of inches away from eachother. And before you know, you felt Luke's soft lips onto yours. It felt so right. 

"I love you." he says and smiles.

 "I love you too Luke."

-

The two of you have a blast at the Christmas Lights and hugged eachother and kissed. You two really love eachother and you already know this is going to be forever.

-

Hope you liked it!