Special Chapter - New Arrivals

Somewhere on the vampire planet..

A very pregnant elf was waddling along the walls of the palace and was biting his lips as he tried to keep the pain at bay. When he finally reached the door of his bedroom, he let out a breath of relief and leaned against it for a few minutes. He needed his mate. Right now. However, when he opened the door, Forth was not inside the room. Beam groaned and cursed at himself. Earlier, he got into an argument with his mate and now Forth was sulking somewhere. Or so he assumed. He let a sigh of frustration as he turned back to look for him elsewhere. 

Beam rolled his eyes when he finally found his mate. "He can't be that busy, P'Forth!! What about his mate, huh?? I am his mate!! I need attention too!! His metamorphs can wait!!", cried out a crying Rome as he glared at the rather astonished Bright. Forth pinched his nose and closed his eyes, asking the deities for patience. Why was he the mediator here?? He was supposed to be with his mate, trying to pacify him after their argument. "Why are you being like this?", asked Bright in dismay. Rome's chin wobbled and he said with a trembling voice: "I don't want that bitch cling onto you like this.." Bright's eyes widened, searching his memories for such occurrence.

Forth opened his mouth to speak when he felt Beam rest his forehead against his back. "It hurts..", groaned the elf. At once everyone froze. Forth blanched. Rome's tears evaporated. Bright pointed at Beam and exclaimed: "He-he HE IS HURTING!!!" As those words resonated across the room, the palace went into red mode. All entrances were instantly blocked. Guards rushed out to guard the royal maternity ward. The vampire king's instructions. Beam wanted to laugh but it was tears that came out. He would laugh later. After getting that baby boy out of him.

Forth helped him to get onto the stretcher that came for him, heading for the maternity ward. The medical team was already waiting for him and again Beam felt the urge to laugh. His mate had over-prepared them all. The main doctor glanced at his team and asked: "Ready?" At their determined nods and Forth's approving one, Beam finally lost it. Lying there, along with his labor pain, his emerging giggles slowly turned into guffaws. He could not stop laughing as he imagined his son coming out saluting Forth for his extra efforts.

"Is- is he okay?", asked the bewildered vampire as he stared at his hysterical mate. Hearing that, Beam squinted his eyes at him and doubled in laughter again. Outside the room, Rome tightened his hold on Bright's hand. "His laughter is creeping me out. Can labor pains get someone crazy?" The metamorph chuckled: "Wasn't Beam a bit crazy since the beginning?" He then stood up and said to his mate: "Let's inform the others." Rome nodded and glanced at the door from where Beam's laughter was still going strong. Pregnancy was scary, huh?

One of their friends did not have to be informed and had already left the Union to head for the vampire planet. He was all smiles. He was going to meet another one of his future students today. Entering the ship, he suddenly lost his smile. Goosebumps emerged along his arms as he heard a soft wail. A baby was crying inside his ship! For someone who usually had visions and most surprises were no longer surprises for him, that baby cry made him blanch with shock. Why did he not have a vision for this? Whose baby was that? Why was the baby in his ship??

Tew walked to the pilot's seat and swallowed hard as he gazed into little reproachful watery eyes. He kneeled in front of the basket and asked the baby: "Who are you?" The baby of course did not reply and simply stared back at him. That did not deter the oracle from asking another silly question. "What are you?" Again, the question was left unanswered. Reaching over to touch the hand of the baby, Tew finally noticed a note on the side of the basket.

"I heard oracles are gentle souls.
Please prove it right by keeping my baby safe.
I will be back for him.

I love you, Type. With all my heart.
Your mother."