Chapter 73

So, it was 2.30 a.m. when I was writing this chapter last night. I was sleepy. And my sleepy ass published it. And unpublished it too. Don't ask me why because I don't know myself. 

Anyway, I am deeply sorry for this sleepy confusion. And please enjoy the chapter. 

*****************************

Hearing Slate's dilemma and her heart breaking as she felt her son's pain, she tenderly smiled at him, reaching out to touch his cheek. "Who are you, Slate?", she asked softly. Slate whispered, tilting his head curiously: "A demon." Stormee nodded and waited patiently, wanting more than this simple answer. Slate continued: "Kongpob's protector." "There. You are his protector. You were protecting him and his soulmate. This is why you broke the bond, right?" Slate lowered his eyes and reluctantly nodded. Stormee raised his chin and looked into his eyes as she said: "Then who knows it's not completely broken like you are saying it is?" Slate inclined his head, a bit confused. Stormee whispered: "The doctor told us something, baby Slate. He said there is a protective magic spell around the baby. Arthit was already pregnant when you broke the bond, Slate. When a bond is broken, the mates are severely affected. Arthit felt it. Kongpob felt it too."

And Slate's eyes widened as he finally got it. "You-you mean..." Stormee brushed his single tear that just escaped away gently and nodded. Her baby was no fool. He knew exactly what she was saying. Slate's chin trembled as he felt the pressure on his shoulders finally dissolve away and he did something that he was dying to do since he came back home. He sprang forward and threw himself in his mother's arms. Stormee instantly hugged him back, rubbing the crying demon's back. "There, there..", she consoled her son as her own tears rolled down on her cheeks. "I missed you, mommy. So much. Each time the door opened, I thought it was you coming to our rescue but you never came, mommy. I was so scared. But-but I did my best, you know. I did my best to protect my master. I- I re-really did, mommy just as you asked me to." Stormee closed her eyes, her heart breaking at the part where Slate said that he waited for her to take him back home. She was so sorry. "I know you did, baby. I know. And I am so proud of you, Slate."

She raised her son's head up, cradling his cheeks and asked: "Will you tell mommy who took you away from us, baby? I need to know, please?" Slate sniffled but looked kind of insecure. He might fight with his master all he wanted but he would never go against his orders. So if Kongpob might not let him say it, he would not. He waited for a few seconds and he heard a defeating sigh from Kongpob. He smiled weakly and finally whispered to Stormee: "It was Pring. She was the one who made us like this." Instantly a cold power started to come from his mother. And a roar was heard from the other part of the palace, coming from Shadow. He finally had a name. Stormee kissed her son's forehead and Slate closed his eyes in content before finally retreating back. Kongpob was left staring at his mother. He clenched his fists and he said: "But we both know it was not only Pring, right? You are the one who took my hand that night and took me to her. Now you are pretending you don't know?" 

Diana was about to crumble down in shock, tears flooding her eyes when Stormee growled and came forward again. "How could you blame your mother to do that to you!!! She would never!! She was the one who nearly died when you were gone! YOU ARE HER SON!!! She gave birth to you!!" Kongpob scoffed: "Does not change the fact that she did it, Stormee. I know mothers who will and has done that to their children. They are heartless. Just like she is!!" Stormee growled menacingly and she grabbed his throat with her claws, raising him up from the ground: "Watch what you say, young man!!! This is YOUR MOTHER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!" Kongpob just stared at her coldly. Diana ordered her demon back and she placed Kongpob back on the ground. She whispered: "I- it was not me. If you are saying it was Pring who did that to you, then she was perhaps the one who took my appearance, son. But I understand your pain. You waited for me to come and save you but I could not. For that I am so sorry. So so sorry." She sobbed and hugged her rigid son in her arms.