Chapter 56

Both Jake and Yihwa stood there, heads bowed in front of the queen. "Just because I refused to let you come to the meeting with the Union, you throw a tantrum?? I have said it a hundred times and I am saying it again. You will NOT interact with the Union, Yihwa. Because I don't trust them. The meeting was set up because I wanted to stop the commander's invitations to make agreements with us. Your presence was NOT needed." She walked towards Yihwa and placed her hand on her shoulder as she said softly: "You are my precious daughter. I fear for your safety. I am a mother who failed her son. I don't want to be a mother who fails her daughter too." Yihwa burst out crying and hugged her mother. "I- I am sorry, Mother.. So sorry..", she whispered brokenly. 

Diana sighed and said to Jake: "Say whatever you have to say and stop fidgeting in front of me." Jake took a deep breath and went red as he explained Arthit's plea to the queen. Diana frowned and thought it over. A human as a demon's soulmate? Who was that demon? That was very intriguing. She looked over at Yihwa in her arms and the latter was looking at her with sad puppy eyes: "He is so nice, Mother. And he confirmed that his name was Arthit. He feels like family. I feel it here." Yihwa touched her heart and Diana smiled. She understood what it felt like. She had felt the same thing with Alyssa. She stroked her daughter's hair and finally nodded. "You can have another talk with him about the agreement. But be very careful not to let any secret about soulmates come out." Jake and Yihwa nodded. Jake smiled shyly, he was going to see his idol once again. 

Diana moved away and then turned back as she said: "Send my apologies for refusing his first invitation." Yihwa asked: "Won't you-" Diana cut her off and shook her head as she walked away. Robert might be dead but her promise would still be kept. Yihwa sighed. Then she felt one hand on her shoulder and turned to smile at her father. Noah smiled back at her and said softly: "Give her time. She will meet with Arthit too. She treats him as her son too. She will not be able to stay away from him for too long." Yihwa nodded. She whispered to her father as she leaned her head on his chest: "I promise to make everything right, Father." Noah smiled sadly. And he looked at the door. Ever since Kongpob disappeared, there had been a distance created between him and his soulmate. Diana refused to look at him at all. It was like he had lost his soulmate along with his son. She just focused on their daughter. Nothing else. 

Would everything be alright again? He doubted it. Jake walked away from them and went to look for Arthit's rejected invitation. Being the royal advisor, he formulated an invitation for the human prince. The demon nation was now willing to look at the new agreement he was proposing. And when it reached the human planet, Arthit smiled at it. Finally! He sat back and stared at the invitation. This was not just an invitation for him. This was a source of information. He would do his best to find out about the misunderstanding that Kongpob had got about his mother. Because he had listened Irene talk about his mother and Diana's friendship. Diana was not someone who would purposely do something so dreadful. There must be another explanation. 

He then played with his ring. He needed to find out about broken bonds too. Hopefully, he would get some answers. He raised his head as he saw the guys coming to him. He smiled at Bright: "You came.. How are you?" The metamorph said: "I am dealing with it." Arthit nodded and he said: "That's good news." He turned to look at the others and exclaimed: "We are throwing up a party. You are all invited!" The group froze and Kit said, rolling his eyes: "Are you crazy??" Arthit ignored his outburst and said: "The party will be thrown to welcome the new human king." He smiled at Bright and the latter frowned, a bit confused. But Arthit focused on other matters. "We'll invite the demon princess of course. And others." The others did not matter to him. He said: "Can we give an invite to my missing soulmate too?"

The guys looked at him as if he was crazy. He sighed. "Never mind..That was a shitty joke.." And he got up to walk away. The rest of the gang turned to look at Oak who raised his hands in defeat: "I don't know how to cure craziness, guys." "Well, get your tuxedos ready then.", said Beam. The rest nodded but they were all having one particular wish in their heads: GIVE THAT HUMAN HIS SOULMATE BACK, ALREADY. Kongpob needed to come and handle his bundle of recklessness on his own. But the latter was taking all his precious time to come back. They divided the tasks among them. The party would take place on the human planet. They needed to make the security tough. And then five days later, the party finally took place.