Chapter 19

Elf planet...

Beam groaned painfully as he opened his eyes. His whole body hurt. A voice said: "Yeah that is exactly what honeymooners feel after their honeymoon.". Huh? Honeymooners? Honeymoon? And who was talking? He looked around and saw Rome sitting on the bed. And smiling at him. Beam's eyes widened as he finally realised about what Rome was talking about and he tried to sit up. He winced as he felt the pain on his hips and back. Rome said: "Ohh dear, P'Forth must been very rough if you are wincing that much." 

Beam glared at him. There was no need to have a commentary on his every groan or wince. He asked: "What are you doing here?" Rome replied cheerfully: "Waiting for you to wake up to inform P'Forth." "Why do you have to inform him??", asked Beam. "Because he told me to.", said Rome as he tapped his temple, indicating that he just did. Beam rolled his eyes and tried to get out of the bed. He nearly fell and he felt someone hold him against a hard chest. "I was not rough. We were just insatiable.", said Forth as he placed Beam back on the bed. He said gently as he stroked his mate's cheek who glared at him: "Wait here. I'll prepare the water for your bath." And he went into the bathroom.

Rome sighed dreamily and said: "You are so lovey dovey." Beam scoffed in disbelief. Rome whispered: "P'Beam, you have got to help me." Beam looked at him and said: "Help?" Rome nodded and said: "I was sitting next to your friend for your mating ceremony." Beam winced inwardly. He hoped that Bright had not done any mischief. But what Rome said next surprised him: "Can I have his number?" "Huh??", exclaimed Beam. Rome looked shyly away. "The thing is that he gave me his handkerchief when I was crying for your ceremony. It was amazing by the way." He continued to say as Beam looked at him in surprise: "His costume was awesome!! Did you look at that chest? It was mouth watering. The tattoos-"

Beam raised his hand weakly and said: "I get it. I get it. There is no need for you to talk about his mouth watering chest to me. He is my brother. I don't need that kind of visual." Rome chuckled and said: "Right. So please give me his number." "Why have you not asked him directly?", asked Beam. Bright had already informed him what happened between Rome and him. So, Beam did not want to mingle into this. Bright was still unsure about Rome. He seemed confused. And scared. A first for Bright. 

Rome said: "I was not going to pursue him at first. I was just going to look at his perfection afar. But then, he kept staring at me the whole night. When I finally found the guts to walk to him, he just left. All your friends just left. So, I missed the opportunity." Beam frowned. Why did they leave so suddenly? He needed to find out. He then refocused on Rome and said: "I can arrange a meeting for you when he comes back home. But I can't do more than that." Rome made a really sad face at Beam who bit his inside cheek to avoid laughing. "Why?" "It's a bit complicated." "But P.." Forth came inside the room and saw his brother making puppy eyes at Beam. He bit his lip to avoid laughing. He had heard the whole conversation. Rome was being so childish. When he came to take Beam in his arms, the latter instantly wrapped his arms around Forth's neck and buried his face into Forth's neck to hide his laughter. Forth said in amusement in Beam's mind: "Don't laugh at my brother" And Beam vibrated harder against his mate's neck. "You should see his face when he was begging for Bright's number. He was on the verge to cry, Forth.", said Beam. And Forth chuckled. He said: "He is not going to sit and wait for you though. He is going to find another way, I am sure."

At the headquarters....

Adrestia brushed Arthit's hair from his face gently. He was now finally sleeping after crying half the night. Slate growled at Adrestia who rolled his eyes. "I don't know why he is crying like this. Stop growling at me", Adrestia said to him. Slate said: "Then fucking find out why he has cried so much. I can't see him so sad. I will kill anyone who made him cry like this." Adrestia's eyes widened and his mouth fell open in surprise. He was shocked. It was the first time after so many years that Slate had spoken to him. Slate scoffed. "I might have not spoken to you but I was here. All the times, I was there for you." Adrestia nodded. He was very well aware of that, even though he could not control his demon at all. Adrestia removed his mask to look pensively at Arthit. He then gently removed the remaining tears from his eyelashes and cheeks. He said: "Was he the one who made you come back like this?"