Chapter 11

Adrestia woke up and realised that he slept again with the human prince. "This is becoming a habit, damn it.", he whispered to himself as he got up and moved out of the bed. He glanced back at the human prince and found him still asleep, he covered him carefully with the blanket. He then silently left the room. As soon as he opened the door, he came face to face to Aim. "Fucking shit, you are sleeping with the human prince for real!! When Tew told me that you were with him, I was laughing at his face." Adrestia glared at him and whispered angrily: "You don't have to shout!" Aim's mouth hung open and he was soon dragged away by Adrestia somewhere else to avoid waking up Arthit. When they were quite far from the room, Adrestia asked Aim: "Why were you searching for me?"  

Aim shook his head, trying to keep his sanity as he pushed his thoughts about Adrestia's odd behaviour aside for now. He then said: "Ming is back with the rest." Adrestia nodded and said: "Meeting in half an hour then." He then went to have a shower to remove Arthit's scent on him. It was too comforting and distracting at the same time. He went to look for his teammates after this at the cafetaria and said: "The human is not here for now, so I think we can do the meeting here itself." The others nodded. He looked at Beam and asked: "You okay?" Beam smiled coldly and replied in an equally cold voice: "Perfectly." Ming winced. Bright sighed and Wad checked his nails nervously, stealing frequent nervous glances at Beam.

Adrestia asked Ming calmly: "Report." Ming sat down and revealed out the information that Forth and Bright had given to them. Beam started to pace the floor as Ming continued with his explanation and as Ming finished, Beam turned towards Adrestia to say: "It was still the fucking vampires who killed my parents!" Bright said tentatively: "The council-" Beam turned onto him and exclaimed: "Fuck the council! I want that fucking vampire killed!! Atropos needs to die!!" Adrestia raised an eyebrow calmly at him and said: "I get it that you are angry and want to avenge your parents. And we are at your side. We too want that vampire who is associated with that council die. Whether we want it or not, the council is influencing and leading the vampire nation via Atropos."

Knott got up and continued: "Then our main aim is to annihilate that council and for this, we need to tread carefully because a sudden removal of Atropos can cause a real chaos among the vampire nation." Bright nodded and explained: "The last time, Atropos made a clever plan and placed the blame on the elves. And then killed the elves to calm the nation. So, this time someone from the royal family must be there to control and maintain order. Forth and his brother, the true heirs would have to stand up to reassure the vampires." 

Adrestia sighed and said: "It's not over yet though. Let's see. If we kill Atropos plain and simple, the council would make investigations about who killed him and for what purpose. When they would find that it was us, we are fucked. Because they are going to be on their guard. And those white coats fuckers are so damn good in disappearing. I know what I am talking about because since I became an assassin, I have been looking for them. And it is now that I finally found them, leading this council. Moreover, even if we just kill Atropos, the council is still going hard after the human prince. He would be still in danger."

The whole crew remained silent as their minds worked hard to solve that problem. Then Adrestia said: "Okay, let's do one thing. Aim, you will go and shadow P'Wai." Aim startled: "Why me?" Adrestia gestured towards the still fuming elf: "Beam is like this, then guess how his older brother is going to be? A war between species is hardly what we need now, especially when we know who is behind all these now. You go and shadow him. And keep me updated." He then turned towards Beam and said: "Next step is to do as we said we would during our last meeting." Beam glared at him: "No!" Adrestia sighed and said: "Beam, right now you are going through something hard but realise that we already decided that this is the best way to handle things."