Chapter 42

A few hours ago..

Kit moaned, his eyes closed. He whispered to his mate: "Harder, Ming.." He moaned again: "This feels so good.. give me more.." He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at his mate: "Do it harder, dammit!!" Ming took a deep breath and moved out of the bed, raising his hands in exasperation. "That's enough, I am sorry!! But I can't!!", he exclaimed while glaring at Kit. The later rolled over and said: "I won! So, you owe me my back massage! Come back here!!" Ming shook his head adamantly. He could not. Not when his mate kept on moaning and asking to do it harder. He was on the very edge here. He was about to explain it to Kit when someone knocked at the door. Both knew it was Tew by his unique smell and Ming went to open the door. Tew looked at him with a worried expression on his face. Kit peeped at him, standing behind Ming and asked: "What's wrong?" Tew shook his head. He said: "I need your help. Please gather everyone." Ming nodded and nearly stopped when he heard Kit say sadly: "Wait.. what about my back massage?" He shook his head and moved away from his mate. Kit was impossible.

Back to present..

Adrestia walked to his ship and waved his hand to unlock it. He entered it and asked: "What's going on?" Pha who was just behind him remained silent knowing very well that Adrestia was not talking to him. He could sense them too. And the lights came on. Tew moved forward: "You have two options. Either you take us with you. Or I'll inform Arthit of your plan." Pha moved to stand next to Adrestia but soon lost his resolve as Tew added: "And Yo." He raised his hands: "I was being forced to come with him. I am a victim here." Adrestia scoffed and glared at Tew: "I thought oracles do not act on their visions." Tew shrugged: "I don't need my visions to tell me about your way of thinking. Especially when this guy", pointing on Pha, "came along. It was obvious that you would want to find out about why she wants him killed."

Adrestia lifted his eyebrow and Tew sighed: "My vision simply confirmed my doubts, so it does not count." Kit said: "How could you do this alone, Adrestia?? I thought we were a team." Beam nodded: "This is ridiculous, Adrestia. You can count on us." Adrestia shook his head: "You guys are not needed for this. She is evil. You have not sensed her like I have before." Knott and Prem moved forward and Prem said: "We don't care how evil she is. We are part of this plan and that's it." Tew smiled at their resolve and finally breathed in relief. He had succeeded in changing Adrestia's decision of going alone for now. 

He was about to speak to the group when he heard a voice he had not heard in ages in his head: "Grandfather was right in sending me to see what you are doing. He knew that you were doing something against the rules. What the hell are you doing, P'Tew?? Trying to change the present future was never something we are ever allowed to do!!" Tew replied: "Shut up and go away! I have changed nothing. I just persuaded them to help and that's all." The person laughed and said: "You are trying to fool yourself. And you are sentencing another person now. The one whom you are trying to save will be saved. But another one will take his place. You know the law of balance, right? We cannot change the course of destiny, P'Tew." 

Tew breathed out in anger as he ordered his younger apprentice: "Leave!" The person smiled as he said: "I will be leaving. And I'll do my report to Grandfather. You know what he will do. I'll await for you home." Tew closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His apprentice was right. He looked at his friends. Suddenly, he did not want to let anyone go to anywhere. Knott came to him and said quietly: "What's wrong?" Tew smiled and shook his head. He could not tell them anything. And he looked at Adrestia again. He could not let him go there alone either. No matter what. Adrestia narrowed his eyes at him and said: "I don't know what is going on in your mind but I still want to do this on my own." Tew shook his head again. The dice was thrown now. Destiny had moved to the next part. The only thing to do was to go with the flow.