Chapter 9

Tew was holding a huge bowl of popcorn in front of him. Kit was sitting beside him and treating himself to the popcorns. Ming was busy drinking his coffee. Knott was eating his favorite chocolate cookies. A cosy audience for a nice show. What was the interesting show? Adrestia training Arthit. The human prince made a determined face and approached his aggressor for the umpteenth time. Adrestia stood there lazily waiting for him to punch him. At the last minute, Arthit tripped with his own foot and fell on his ass. Adrestia growled and Kit snorted. Tew started to laugh outright. Ming clapped his hands and Knott said sarcastically: "Adrestia is such a good trainer."

Arthit sighed as he lied on the mat. He was tired. He had been initially training with Knott. Adrestia had given him the orders to teach the human prince how to defend himself. And so what they were doing when suddenly Adrestia appeared in front of them, smelling very good as if he just came out of the shower and announced that he was the one to train him now. But the thing was how was Arthit supposed to focus on the training now? His assassin was smelling too good. His mind was also on last night's events. He had finally touched his assassin's lips. He finally got to kiss him. And now Adrestia was asking him to concentrate on fighting? He could not at all. And here, he was on his back on the mat, tired of trying in vain.

Adrestia took a deep breath and said to his friends: "Leave." Tew smiled wickedly and said: "We are disturbing the lovebirds?" And they made some more jokes as they got up to leave the sparring room. The comedy show was over. Adrestia came to stand near Arthit's head and ordered: "Get up." "I can't, I am tired.", complained Arthit with his eyes closed. Adrestia crouched down next to Arthit's head and said: "I need you to concentrate. We have two days for you to have a minimum knowledge of self defense since we need to get you back to your planet. Your father has given me only two days, so it has to be enough." Arthit sighed again and said: "I already learnt self defense back home. Dad showed me how."

Arthit felt a hand stroking his hair tenderly and Adrestia said softly: "Your father showed you how to defend yourself with humans, not with us." Arthit remained silent and focused his attention on the hand on his hair. He knew it was Adrestia and he was not going to say anything because the latter would immediately remove his hand. He was too content right now and why would he not be? His plan was working, his assassin had moved to the can't-resist-touching stage. He hid his smirk. Adrestia said: "Get up, we need to continue." Arthit complained even more: "Don't want to.. you are too distracting.." The direction where the conversation was going intrigued Adrestia and he unconsciously sat down on the mat next to Arthit. The latter lost no time to come and place his head on Adrestia's thighs.

The assassin froze for a few seconds but gradually relaxed as Arthit took his hand and placed it back on his hair. It was like "Continue the petting, please." The usually cold and emotionless assassin continued to stroke his soulmate's hair. He had been feeling weird from the moment Arthit had finally spoken to his father and the date for Arthit to go back to his place was set. He knew that he must stay away from him, his soulmate. But his only excuse to be near him now was that he would be gone in two days, so it was okay for now, right? When Knott had confronted him earlier about sending Arthit back to his planet, Adrestia had remained silent. Knott was not understanding, no one was understanding Adrestia's dilemma. 

Arthit was pure. He was light. He was nice and gentle. He had a soft heart. But Adrestia? He killed people. He was set that way. All those nightmares that he had every nights were simply his memories about his gruesome past. A past that he had never wanted but that he was trying to overcome. He was not succeeding though. Part of his past was still chasing him and had sworn to kill him. He certainly could not involve his gentle soulmate into his war with Zeus. He did not think that Arthit deserved this. This was why he needed to be the ruthless and cold assassin again. He needed to cut his ties with Arthit and leave him to live his life without shadows. Adrestia knew that he would suffer without his soulmate but since Arthit was a human, this would not affect him and for this, Adrestia was glad.