💖 Valentine Special - Pha & Yo 💖

Handing over tissues for your tears. Taking one for myself.  

On this note, please carry on reading.

***************************

"But mommy..you promised!", complained Chiara. Yo sighed: "I know I did. But we cannot go. Kong Uncle is kinda busy today. It's his special day. We cannot disturb him and if we go by ourselves, he is going to be very angry. And we don't want Kong Uncle to be angry, do we?" Chiara reluctantly shook her head but a few seconds later, she started to complain again: "But I still want to go..." Yo rubbed her back and said: "We'll go next year?" This was not what he was supposed to say because Chiara burst into tears. "Oh honey, don't cry.", whispered Yo as he hugged his little daughter to his chest. "What's wrong?", asked Pha as he entered the room with his hands behind his back and Chiara ran to him, crying even harder. Yo sighed and explained the situation to Pha: "Last year, Chiara went to her school Valentine festival with her friends on Valentine Day. And they were so excited that they promised to each other that they would go this year too. At that time, I gave her the promise that she would go."

Pha instantly asked: "You went there alone with her??" Yo shook his head and replied: "No, of course not. We were being supervised. P'Kong was there. Ming was there." Pha nodded and crouched down to his daughter's level. He then smiled to Chiara and reached out to wipe the tears on her face. "What if I give my little angel this and I take her to the festival?", he said softly as he placed a box of chocolates in her hands and Chiara looked down at the box with wide eyes. She looked up at Pha next and asked: "For real?" Pha nodded: "If your mommy says yes of course." And Chiara instantly turned to look at Yo with pleading eyes. She even mouthed a desperate "please" and Yo raised his gaze to look at Pha with worry in his eyes. Pha stood up and smiled reassuringly to him. He whispered in his head: "It will be fine. I'll be with you both."

Yo stared at him for a moment and when he finally came to Chiara while saying: "You will never leave our sides. In fact, you will never leave my hand at all. If ever you want something, you will ask me before you rush over for it. You get me?", Pha breathed out in relief. Yo had just taken a huge decision. He was willing to trust Pha with his life and their daughter's life. Pha grinned and held his daughter's hand as he said: "We need to get ready." Chiara giggled and nodded: "I am going to wear my prettiest black outfit ever!" Yo laughed at Pha's stunned face and took his daughter to the bathroom. But before disappearing from Pha's sight, he whispered in Pha's head: "You owe me chocolate too." Pha smiled softly as he replied: "I owe you so many things." Yo chuckled in his head: "Yes but can I get the chocolate first?"

Later on the human planet..
As soon as Chiara saw her friends, she screamed and ran to them. Pha smiled and Yo shook his head: "Don't be so happy. I am pretty sure we will be exhausted with her hyperactivity at the end of the day." Pha shrugged: "I don't mind." Yo smiled and looked at their little daughter: "She is meeting with them after a long time. She misses them a lot. Maybe that's why she was crying earlier." He sighed and told Pha: "You know she usually never asks me anything. I mean we have money. We have everything. But there are several things that she has been deprived of. The main one being her father. She asked me only once about you. And when I told her that you are not with us, she had simply hugged me and since that day, she never ever asked for you again." He waved at Chiara who was jumping in excitement as she shouted at him about the game she was about to play.

And then he continued: "There was not only this. I had to tell her to never tell anyone about her powers. She has to behave like she is a normal human for her safety. To tell a three years old child this was very difficult but I could not keep her at home with me secluded too. I did my best to keep her as lively as you are seeing her now. I wanted her to have a normal life. Not a life that we had at the commander's house." Strong warm fingers touched his hand and a palm slid under his, intertwining their fingers together. He looked up and Pha said: "You are no longer alone in this. Chiara is my baby too. And I will take care of her along with you." Yo nodded and smiled: "I know and this is exactly why I told her last night. About you being her father." He gestured towards the children and Pha's eyes widened as he saw each of them come forward to say a poem. Yo held his hand tight and they walked closer to the podium. And soon it was Chiara's turn.