Chapter 17

Arthit frowned as he heard Oak murmur those painful words to Kit. He was about to go to Kit when out of the corner of his eye, he saw something fall out of a young lady's bag. It was a very fancy bag. Out of concern, he rushed over to her with Tew calling out for him instantly. But he did not listen and went to pick the young lady's fallen item on the floor. He then went after her. He gallantly said: "My lady, I believe this is yours. This just fell out of your bag." He opened his gloved hand and presented the item to the young lady. The lady was wearing a handheld masquerade mask. She was wearing a dark green velvet dress. White gloves. Her mask was gold. Her lips were painted red. She turned to look at Arthit and lowered her handheld mask. She looked at the little golden bracelet that Arthit was holding. And she gasped elegantly. 

"Oh thank you. I preciously placed it in my bag because I feared I would lose it. Thank you so much." Arthit smiled at her and she took it delicately into her hand. She then looked at Arthit and smiled back: "Thank you again." And then she turned back to continue her way. Arthit too came back to the group and Oak whispered in amazement: "Woah did you know with whom had you just talked to?" And Arthit asked: "Who?" Oak said: "That was the princess of the demon planet. She is so beautiful. Her name is Yihwa, the demoness." 

Arthit looked at Oak pensively and then suddenly turned to Tew: "Can we go back now? The party is nearly over anyway." He did not want to be here anymore. Not when he was worried about Adrestia. Knott and Ming exchanged glances when they heard what Arthit said. Their jobs here were nearly done here. They had invitations from the treacherous Atropos. And this was one major success for them. Beam and Forth would not be the only ones who would have access to the council. Kit and Tew could join them too. The council would be too happy to gain more power from the werecat planet and an oracle too. The tricky part would be the investigations of the council to allow them on the council. 

Tew replied: "I think so. We can go." He was fine to go. His job here was done too. His vision of seeing Yo meeting Arthit came true. And now what was intriguing was how this meeting was going to change anything. He looked closely at Arthit. Was it that Yo had said anything about Adrestia to him? Had he disclosed the truth? He so wanted to ask Arthit. All that he gathered from his visions was that Yo's appearance had made a positive change in these two lives for now. But how? He grimaced, wishing he knew how to know that. And now, the princess of the demon planet met Arthit. Though he did not know who she was. Tew sighed, he needed to be patient. Prem came forward and said angrily: "Yes, let's move. These harpies do not rest at all." Wad was finally talking to the girl disguised as Hermione. Prem was okay when Wad was ignoring her and savoring his wine jelly. But now, he wanted her away from him.

Toota elbowed Bright who was standing next to him and was not following the conversation at all. "Ouch!!" Bright turned to glare at him: "Dude, you are Hulk right now!! Don't go and elbow people! That fucking hurts!!" And he turned back to watch whatever he was watching since a long time. Toota sighed. And said: "Just go and talk to him if you are that fascinated with him." Bright shook his head and said: "I don't want to. It's scary to be near him. While sitting next to him, I could not feel my powers at all, Toota. I wanted to apologise for kissing him earlier but how? He did not know who I was at that time." He sighed and turned to Toota saying: "What is everything that is forbidden to us is the most tempting?" Toota raised an eyebrow at him and said: "That was deep, dude. Really deep."

Arthit was fidgeting. He was feeling more and more tense as time passed. He even shivered as someone brushed his arm as he walked away. Arthit turned to look but could not discern who that was. That was logical. They were in a masquerade party. Tew placed his hand on his shoulder and said gently: "Are you okay?" At once, everyone turned to look at Arthit. Wad even left the woman hanging and came close to Arthit. They all could feel his unease. Knott said: "We are moving." And they all nodded.