Chapter 20

This scene took place just when Yo came back home after the mating ceremony of Beam and Forth..

"Chiara", said Yo sternly. The little girl pouted. "I don't wanna!" "Chiara.", said Yo again. "But..", whined Chiara. Yo crossed his arms and just looked at her pointedly. "Green peppers are not good mooooooommmmmm", complained the little girl. Yo replied: "You too, you are not being good, Chiara. Now eat them quick. There is ice cream afterwards. Chocolate ice cream."

Chiara raised her head so quickly that Yo winced. She exclaimed: "Uncle Kong brought chocolate ice cream!!!!" Yo shook his head, smiling: "He is a little busy right now and it is Beam uncle who sent you ice cream." "Ohh he is my favorite!", she exclaimed in excitement. Yo exchanged an amused glance with Mrs Chen. Everyone was her favorite.

She then took a deep breath and closed her eyes in dread to eat the green peppers. Yo rolled his eyes at her dramatic ways to eat the vegetables. So cheeky, this little brat. Mrs Chen whispered: "How is everyone?" Yo smiled and said: "I could not meet everyone. But the ones whom I got to meet are fine and they looked amazing in their costumes. Tew was the one who held the ceremony for Beam. Beam was magnificent in his royal attire. The ceremony itself was very touching. I wish I could take this little princess with me." But it was too dangerous and Yo knew it. He remembered how Beam whispered in his ear: "I'll order ice cream for our little princess. Take it from the kitchen before you go. And give her big kisses from me."

Kongpob had whispered in his mind when he kissed his forehead: "Transfer that kiss to my pumpkin." This was their motto. Never say Chiara's name in the open. No one should know her existence. Yo shook his head and focused on his daughter who was proudly presenting her empty plate to him. Mrs Chen chuckled and got up to get the ice cream. And as soon as Mrs Chen appeared with two bowls of ice cream on a tray, Chiara's eyes shone with excitement and one of the bowl could be seen flying to her. Yo watched this with fascination. She was only four but she was very much skilled. Her hair was sparkled with strands of electricity as she used her powers. She looked stunning. Mrs Chen finally came forward and gave Yo his ice cream.

The latter turned to smile at her in thanks and she nodded. She sat down again and whispered: "Have you been able to give Kongpob his files?" Yo was about to say yes and then he stopped himself. He had not given it to him. He had given it to his soulmate. Hopefully, Arthit had been able to get the information. He groaned as he realised that he had not told him how to open it. He answered Mrs Chen: "Yes, it must have reached him by now." Yes, if Arthit had been able to open it, Kongpob would get it soon. Because he knew that Arthit would confront him with the truth. Yo smiled. It was time for his brother to be mated and know happiness. Yo had tasted this happiness, even for a while.

He then looked at his daughter. It was also time for them too. The marble was taken from the commander's safe. He would not believe it when he came to know who stole it. It was his own nephew. The commander always thought him as frail and weak. Yo smirked. But that was five years ago. He was no longer that Yo now. And he knew how the commander's mind worked, even if it was a little. He could totally predict how his uncle would send his best assassin after that stolen marble. He was not worried. Kongpob could look after himself and his soulmate. It would be Yo who would meet the best assassin afterwards. He tapped his fingertips on the table. He leaned over and wiped the ice cream that was on his daughter's chin gently. It was now time to confront his past. Bring it on.

He was in deep thoughts when Chiara came to sit on his lap. "Your ice cream is melting, mommy", she said as she picked a spoonful of it to eat. Yo chuckled and hugged her tightly. "You must feed mommy.", he said in a cheerful voice. Chiara turned to look at him and placed the spoon in front of his mouth: "Say ahh" Yo dutifully said "ahh" and opened his mouth. Mrs Chen wiped her tears and saved this precious photo. They looked so cute. Chiara said: "Can we watch Varian's show, Mommy?" Yo raised his eyebrow at Chiara: "How many times have you watched them already, munchkin?" "He looks so cool", exclaimed the little girl. Yo chuckled and said: "Would you be happy to see him one day in front of you?"