Chapter 88

Tew was sitting on the seat and was trying his best not to squirm under the intense stare of his cousin. Arthit was standing in front of him, his both hands resting on his belly. His eyes were gold and he was clenching his jaw which was ticking as the muscles jumped. It was all an intense atmosphere until Arthit moaned out: "My hips are killing me. Get me a chair, Kong." A few minutes later, he was sprawling on his sofa, his feet up on a foot stool and he said to Tew: "I might have approved for him to be Adrestia again because I know you won't ask something like that without valid reason." He patted his belly and whispered his thanks when Kongpob sent healing energy to him as he massaged his shoulders. He then said: "Who else is involved in this?" Tew shook his head and muttered: "It's like I don't want to tell you. I just can't." 

Arthit narrowed his eyes and said: "Technically, I have oracle blood in me, right?" Tew groaned and shook his head again. Arthit growled out and exclaimed: "For freaking sake, Tew!!! This concerns my soulmate! I need to know!!" Kongpob finally spoke: "Baby, calm down. There is no need to know because I will be able to handle it." Slate added: "Damn straight! I'll kick their asses off!!" Arthit lifted his face up and glared at his soulmate: "Do I have to remind you that you nearly died at the human planet in trying to be the hero and left me alone for so many months??!" Tew winced and Kongpob pouted at Arthit: "That's not fair..you always use that failure of mine each time you want to win.." with Slate laughing in the background. Arthit rolled his eyes at his soulmate. He then glanced at the oracle in front of him and muttered: "Like I said, I do not have any problem in him going there. I just need to know what is the problem. So that we are all prepared."

Tew sighed and closed his eyes as he whispered: "Dragons believe in pure blood. They rarely leave their planet. Knock was their scout for years and he always knew he would have to return back to the lair at some point in time. He went there willingly to introduce his chosen mate to his parents but he has not come back. Korn is not a dragon, Arthit. Let alone Knock's predestined mate." Arthit's eyes widened in understanding. Kongpob said: "Jake is Jenna's mate apparently." It was fascinating how Tew's expression changed. His face was hard and severe. He looked at Kongpob and Arthit sighed. He was getting the point. He instinctively rubbed his belly, a bit anxious because the fluttery kicks kept coming. As if the twins were restless. Arthit rubbed his face against Kongpob's hand who had knelt in front of him and said softly: "Adrestia can be back, baby. As long as he brings Kongpob back home safe."

Kongpob chuckled and leaned over to kiss the extended belly. "That goes without saying." A growl emerged from his soulmate: "And I don't think it would lovely to see a very pregnant human reaching the dragon planet to kick asses." Slate grinned and exclaimed: "See? This is my human right there!!" Kongpob rolled his eyes and said: "You will not do such thing." Tew stood up and winced as he saw the light outside the door. He walked out and found his grandfather standing there, looking furious. Tew mimicked his stance and said calmly: "I have not done anything." The Great Oracle spat out in anger: "We already had this conversation one month ago, young man!! Just because you had dreamt about that half demon dragon boy and Alyssa was there watching your vision does not mean that she is his mate." Tew frowned and muttered: "Does not also mean that she is not his mate."

The old man sighed and whispered: "Changes are coming. All oracles are aware. But we do as we always do. We do not interfere. If that boy will be an orphan at such a young age, we cannot do anything about it." Tew stared at him and finally said: "The two inside trust me as their friend. Even though I will not tell them what I exactly see, I will help them as much as I can. I am sorry for that, grandpa. And the problem was never the little boy losing their parents so soon. My problem is that my goddaughter is already hurt and will be even more hurt. And you know what happened when Kongpob lost control of his demon?" And he walked past his grandfather. There were some people who asked for boons earlier. Alyssa would be his goddaughter. And he would protect her future as much as he could. He bumped right into Dae and he backed away or tried to because the younger oracle wrapped his arm around his waist and said softly: "It will be fine." Tew sighed and laid his head on his shoulder as he said: "He does not understand, Dae. He never does." Dae rubbed his back and replied: "Because he is much more experienced than we are." Tew scoffed and moved away.