Chapter 90

90!!! 😱

I really need to get this story finished.. but I just can't.. This is my favourite among them all.. 😭

*******************************

A groan woke Kongpob up and he opened his eyes to look at his right. He watched his soulmate blink several times to push the fog away from his eyes. Finally focusing on Kongpob, Arthit asked with a dry and croaked voice: "Where-" And he started to cough. Kongpob sat up and cradled his soulmate in his arms. Using his magic, he brought upon the glass of water next to them, floating and he directed the straw to Arthit's mouth. "Little sips.. Slowly.. That's good, baby.", he encouraged and Arthit raised his eyes to examine his face. Kongpob looked fine if not a little concerned. Lowering his gaze to his now flat belly, Arthit swallowed hard. Where were his babies? He opened his mouth to ask about them again but then the door opened, stopping him. Diana walked inside, a gentle smile on her face and Arthit instantly pushed Kongpob as he turned towards her. The woman opened her arms and Arthit let out a sob as he snuggled close. Diana stroked his hair and said softly: "You are fine. They are fine."

Arthit muttered against her clothes, his voice muffled: "I was so scared.. I wanted you to be there, you know.. But then, because of that, I-I.. I messed up.." His voice cracked and he fell silent. Diana could feel the tears getting her dress wet. She continued to pet his head gently, waiting for him to get all that fear and guilt from his system. She met Kongpob's eyes and found her son to be very worried. She smiled gently at him and gestured towards the door. He nodded and waved his hand, getting it open. "Why, thank you, P'Kong.", said Yihwa as she came inside with a crying Ae in her arms. Arthit stopped sobbing and raised his face as he heard the crying. Yihwa looked at him and said: "Pretty sure he wants his mama to hold him. He has been waiting very patiently afterall." She placed the baby in Arthit's arms and they all waited. Arthit lowered his head and whispered: "Hi baby." Hearing that specific voice, Ae stopped crying and blinked his little eyes. And when he focused on his mama, his little lips curved as if smiling. 

Arthit kissed his little cheek and continued to coo sweet words at him. Ae was in the baby heaven, loving the attention from his mother. Arthit gasped and he instinctively lifted his head when Noah entered the room next. He was holding Alyssa. He smiled at Arthit and asked: "How are you feeling, son?" Arthit inclined his head, trying to see his baby in the king's arms and he answered absently: "Quite fine." Noah chuckled and came close to the bed to let Arthit see Alyssa. He gasped and whispered: "She is glowing.." Hearing the voice of her mama, Alyssa opened her gold eyes to look at him. "Her eyes..", he said and Alyssa blinked at him, causing him to chuckle as he observed: "They are beautiful.." Kongpob said: "Our glowing princess." And Alyssa opened her little mouth to yawn. Noah placed her in Arthit's arms and said: "The best place to go to sleep." Now holding both his babies, Arthit smiled and cuddled them close. 

The rest left the room as quietly as they could. The parents were left with their children and Arthit finally turned to really look at his soulmate. Kongpob was gazing lovingly at his babies and Arthit said softly: "Help me in carrying them." Kongpob raised his panicked eyes to meet his and replied: "Ae keeps on crying when I hold him." Arthit turned to look at his sleeping son as he asked: "Really?" Kongpob nodded and said in a petulant voice: "He likes you more." Arthit bit back his laugh and said: "Go ahead, take him. I want to see that." Kongpob whispered even as he reached out gingerly to take Ae in his arms: "I don't want him to cry." "But he is not..", whispered Arthit as he watched Ae cuddle close to Kongpob. Fascinated with that change, Kongpob nodded as he stared at his sleeping son: "Yeah he is not." Slate muttered as he watched: "That's because he is asleep, dumbass. Wait when he is awake."

Arthit grinned and said softly: "Slatey.." Slate froze. Arthit waited for him to look at him. Silver eyes stared back at Arthit and the human inclined his head as he whispered: "Thank you." Slate lowered his gaze respectfully. No one would get such respect from him. For Slate was already royalty and a badass assassin. But for his Arthit, he dutifully lowered his head and said: "I did what I had to. Please don't thank me." Kongpob added: "Yeah baby don't thank him. Because he fainted." And Kongpob chuckled. Slate rolled his eyes and said: "And you did not. You were so brave, right?" Laughing loud, Kongpob retorted: "It was not me who told mommy that don't tell anyone you fainted." Slate rolled his eyes: "It's a legit plea. Slate the terrible doesn't faint." Kongpob looked right. Left. Up. Down. And then smirked: "Slate the terrible cannot be found. But Slate the fainter is right here." Slate growled: "Yeah with Kongpob the first fainter right next to him!" Arthit smiled and shook his head. These two's fights never end.