Chapter 38

Beam took the shocked Adrestia to another table and Yo took Adrestia's seat next to Pha. He was chuckling as he grabbed a tissue paper to wipe the blood off Pha's mouth. Pha looked at him and smiled: "I missed you." Yo raised his gaze and met his eyes under his hoodie. He said softly: "I missed you too." Then he lowered his eyes again and burst out laughing as he saw the cut on Pha's mouth. He said: "And I cannot even say that you did not deserve that. Because you do." Pha sighed: "I know. But you got to admit that your human is fierce." Yo nodded: "You will be amazed when you meet him." Pha replied: "I already did and he made an deep impression. And now that he sent me this gift, I think I am quite aware of how much he likes me." Yo chuckled and stroked Pha's split lip with his thumb. He said: "He is very nice once you know him. I am sure you both can place this incident of hurting P'Kong and getting hurt in turn with the human prince behind." Pha held his mate's hand in his and said: "I can. For you."

Yo went red and removed his hand from Pha's hand while whispering: "These two are watching." Beam chuckled into Yo's mind: "Like seriously? Getting shy because you were caught holding your mate's hand? Dude you have a daughter together. We all know you made some hanky panky with him for Chiara to be born." Yo blushed even harder and turned to glare at Beam who made a peace sign to him. Speaking of Chiara, Yo glanced at his mate. He needed to tell Pha about her. But how? Pha was smiling at him. Yo took a deep breath. He needed to tell Pha about it. No matter how awkward this would be, he must do it. And Adrestia said in his mind: "We are right here, Yo. Just remember Chiara needs to know her father and Pha deserves to know his little baby." Yo nodded and he blurted out to Pha: "I was pregnant when you left me five years ago."

Pha stared at him in shock. He went pale. He thought that maybe he heard wrong. He whispered weakly: "Say again?" Yo said it again. Pha closed his eyes in pain. He had heard right. Yo had been pregnant for him when they were separated. Yes he was going to use the word separate. Because to him, he never left Yo. Yo was his life. His mate. His forever. And he was alone pregnant. Pha was not there with him. Did he lose the baby? No, please. He could not bear it if this happened. Yo had already gone through so many things. Maybe this was why Yo was so reluctant now to trust him. Adrestia was right in the end. He could not keep Yo happy. He clenched his fists in anger. He lost so many things during these painful five years. He felt a gentle touch on his clenched fist and he heard a soft "P'Pha?" 

Pha opened his eyes and said: "I am sorry, Yo. I am so sorry. How could I not be there when you most needed me?? How?? It must have been hard to lose a baby like this. God, I am so sorry." Yo stared at him: "What are you talking about? Chiara is very well alive. She is almost five now." Pha suddenly remembered that soft cry that he heard when he was at Yo's house that time. That sweet mommy that he heard. That was his own child. He stammered out: "I- I- I- I have a-" Yo nodded and said: "Yes, we have a daughter. Chiara." Pha shook his head. He looked in Yo's eyes and said in a weak voice: "You were pregnant. And you gave birth to her. You even raised her on your own all these years. I was not there. I was not there for you both. I- I- I am sorry...I can't.." And he stood up, his shoulders slumped. He looked defeated. He missed five years out of his daughter's life. His daughter did not know him. In the end, the misunderstanding of getting Yo killed was not the worst he did. 

"P'Kong", said Yo in alarm. He could not bear Pha being so devastated over this news. Adrestia came forward and placed his hand on Yo's shoulder. "Give him time. It's not easy to absorb this kind of news. Stay here. I'll go to talk to him for a second. Then you can come to take care of him." He walked ahead and stood next to Pha outside the bar. He said: "I know you must be feeling guilty. I just wanted to say one thing. Yo missed you. He needed his mate's support these times. But instead, he went through this phase thinking that his mate tried to kill him. That he was constantly in danger." Slate rolled his eyes: "Are you trying to console him or appease his guilt? Because this is clearly NOT the way we do it, Kongpob." Kongpob shrugged. He continued: "As his brother, I was there for him. He was not alone, Pha. He was with me. Pretty sure he would have preferred you but still, he was not alone. He went through everything with my and the others' supports. And Chiara is such a lovely child. She is looked after by all of us. She is under our protection. Both of them are. My advice to you would be to look at the present and the future."