Chapter 58

Reading this chapter a hundred times before I update. Feeling quite insecure for this one. Hopefully, you guys will like it. If only a little. 😫

****************************************

He stood in front of his house and stared at the door, hearing the robotic female voice saying: "Welcome, Kongpob." He felt like he had left it yesterday but according to the Great Oracle, he left his house two months ago. Along with his soulmate. He touched his scarred chest, his hands trembling. He no longer felt that soulmate bond. It was no longer there. He felt empty. Like he never had a soulmate. And still, he knew that he had one. A gentle one. A sweet one. One that he still loved with all his heart. He felt hot tears rolling on his cheeks, missing the warmth that his bond usually provided him. The oracle had explained the situation to him: "You were dying when we came to you. And it was your demon who was keeping you barely alive. And we could not do anything for the bond. For that, I am deeply sorry." Kongpob remembered how he had looked at the oracle with a blank stare at that time, not understanding at all what he said about soulmates. Because like it had been mentioned so many times, breaking the bond meant to forget about his soulmate. And like predicted, he had forgotten about him. Totally.

But then another oracle had walked to him and sat on the bed. He then grinned at him: "You are very lucky, you know." He then presented a bracelet to Kongpob. "A gift from a little angel. She asked me to keep it safe for you." Dae smiled as he remembered how Alyssa came to him almost everyday.

"Uncle Dae! Is Papa awake yet? And why can't I see uncle Tew anymore??", she would ask all the time. And she would walk around, muttering to herself: "Mama is not well, you know. I am doing what I can but he misses Papa. He needs to come fast. Mama cries too much at night. It hurts me a lot, uncle Dae." He did not completely understand what she was doing but Dae just loved her, especially when she inclined her head questioningly to something she could not understand, her golden eyes shining. Then the oracle would sit down and explain carefully and patiently to her about how it usually worked. And she would nod, her little tongue slightly out as she absorbed the information quickly. When Dae had explained to her that her papa might not come back, she had stood up and Dae had felt her power as she clenched her fists in anger. Her dream world that she invited Dae into started to lose its focus, making him a little scared that he might be locked into this dream forever. Then came back the serene scenery as she opened her eyes again. And she said: "Papa will not forget. Grandma stored his memories in something round. Ask for it. It was with him when he arrived." 

And indeed, the bracelet had been there along with a ring. Dae had kept it safe until Kongpob finally became awake. Kongpob opened his hand and Dae dropped the bracelet with a gear on his palm. As soon as the gear had touched his hand, it vibrated and Kongpob instinctively closed his hand. At once all his memories came back to him. His memories about his soulmate hit him hard and he gasped out his name: "Arthit.." His tears had started to fall freely on his cheeks as he realised what he had done. He had left him alone for two months. His poor soulmate must have thought that he was dead. The oracles had looked at him with pity when they said that there was a rumour that his human prince had moved on. Apparently with his sister, Yihwa. Slate had growled in anger and said: "You should not have ordered me to break the bond, Kongpob." And he had retreated.

Till now. Slate was not speaking to him. It was clear what he wanted. To see Arthit. Their current relationship was like before their meeting with Arthit. Kongpob sighed and finally entered his house and tightened his hold on his precious bracelet. He walked around the house and he remembered how this was a safe haven for him and Arthit. If he knew that he would nearly lose his life if he took Arthit back to the human planet, he would have kept him hidden in this house itself. At least, they would have been together here. He sat tiredly on the sofa, still not completely healed. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back. He had to go and see his soulmate. Hearing this particular thought, Slate stirred. He was very eager to see Arthit. Kongpob took a deep breath and placed the bracelet on his wrist again. This was the bracelet that his soulmate had given him. He removed his ring from his pocket and wore it too. Was he still the soon to be husband of his Arthit? Heart beating very fast, his hands trembling and a bit dizzy, he headed for the human planet. 

The ruthless assassin and his gentle princeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें