Chapter 78

Arthit sighed contentedly as he cuddled close to Kongpob's chest. That was a great kiss. He wanted more though. So much more. But he knew if he would not be getting it anytime soon judging by the grave expression on his soulmate's face. He whispered: "Is it time now?" Kongpob nodded. Arthit let him go and went to sit on his chair, waiting for Kongpob's explanation patiently. The latter stared at him for a while and finally hopped on the table to face his soulmate. And he started to narrate what happened with the Great Oracle. He watched Arthit's face as it lightened up when he said that Arthit was his anchor and also when Alyssa's powers were mentioned. How it slowly gave way to anger when Kongpob mentioned the fact that they were both supposed to die on that day. 

Arthit stood up and exclaimed: "You mean to tell me that they were not supposed to be born?" as he touched his belly lightly. Kongpob closed his eyes and pulled his soulmate in his arms. Arthit started to cry and whispered: "Why? Why should my babies not be born, Kong? Who gave them the right to choose this for us?" Kongpob stroked his back tenderly and tried his best to reassure him: "It did not happen, right? Stop crying, baby please..." Arthit shook his head: "There must be a reason.. I want to know their stupid reason.. I want to know why they wanted to kill my babies so ruthlessly by killing their parents together.." At Kongpob's silence, he leaned back and blinked his watery eyes at his suddenly uncomfortable soulmate. Arthit pushed him away and whispered: "You know the reason, don't you?" He then narrowed his eyes as he asked: "Slatey.. Why is Slatey not here? Where is he?" 

Kongpob bit his lip and tried to speak but Arthit stopped him as he ordered again: "I want to speak with him. I want to know why he is not here. He knows too, right? You both knew what was going on all these days.. And you kept quiet.. Is it why you retreated on yourself on that day, Kong? Slatey!!!! Come here pleasee...." Slate instantly appeared and said softly: "Arthit.." The latter asked: "Tell me why they wanted to kill my babies!" Slate whispered a "sorry" to his master who just sighed in defeat. Slate then spoke to his favourite human: "They believe Alyssa's powers are a menace to everyone." Arthit scoffed: "Nonsense!" Slate readily agreed and he continued: "According to them, her powers are uncontrollable. Because she has no mate as anchor." Arthit looked at his soulmate, tilting his head questioningly: "Were you uncontrollable before I came to your life, Kong?"

Kongpob gave him a 'duh' stare. That was a very stupid question since his soulmate was THE Adrestia. And Slate actually chuckled. Arthit went red and whispered: "Ohh but I will be with my daughter. She will be protected by us. No one will let her go out of control. How can they be so sure that my baby will go out of control?? Granted they can see the future but that can be changed to another alternative too!! So why??!" Slate cleared his throat, instantly gaining Arthit's attention again. "What?", asked Arthit as he clenched his fists. "What else you know, Slatey?" The latter shrank and tried his best to hide himself. He did not want to be the one to tell this part. Kongpob looked at his soulmate and dropped the bombshell: "Because her deadly powers have already been used once." Arthit grimaced: "If this is about Serene, she was fine. Just a bruise. Nothing else." Kongpob and Slate both stared at him in surprise. Serene was hurt too? Oh but she deserved it too. So, both shrugged it off.

And Kongpob said: "They have been used twice then." Arthit frowned harder and asked: "On whom then?" Kongpob said softly: "Promise me that you will not freak out first." Arthit rolled his eyes and said: "Just tell me!!" Kongpob examined him carefully as he said the name: "Your father. His heart attack was not natural." Arthit blanched instantly. "My-my father?" Kongpob nodded and he said: "There was a video. It's already destroyed, so don't even ask for it. But it was clear that Alyssa's powers were that strong already." Arthit sat down, feeling so weak. He whispered: "I- I was the one who used her powers to..." Kongpob came close and gathered his soulmate to him. "Don't say that. You did not know. She did not know. It was not voluntary." Arthit buried his face into Kongpob's body and sobbed: "My baby.. Why- why does it have to happen to us? My father did not deserve to die too.."