44: Stray Kids: Changjin

I ran to the corner store where cop car lights were flashing. I could feel the lump in my throat and my hands shake. My hand was grasping my phone tightly, having texted my boyfriend minutes earlier.

There was an ambulance and police tape. There were other citizens trying to see what was going on. I couldn't see him.

"Excuse sir, you can't go past-" The police officer said, trying to keep me from going on.

"My boyfriend was involved in this. I need to see him. He has no other family here. Please let me through," I rambled, clenching and unclenching my jaw.

The officer nodded, "I assume you're looking for Hwang Hyunjin then? He's over here."

The man led me to another ambulance, and I broke into a run once I saw my lover.

"Hyunjin!" I yell, catching his attention. He stood up from where he was sitting and waited for me to hug him.

"Binnie," he sighed, wrapping his arms tightly around my short body. I could feel him running his hands through my messy black hair.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I question, not wanting to let go of him.

"I'm... I'm okay. Just shaken," he answers, kissing my shoulder and resting his head against it. "God, Changbin, I was so scared."

"I was just getting groceries for our movie night. That's all. Then that... monster came in. I really thought I wasn't going to be able to see you again. I thought I was going to end up getting killed. He hit me. He tried taking my things. He had a gun. The store clerk called the police before anything else could happen."

I stayed silent, a pool of dread filling my stomach. I just wanted to hold him. I was so afraid to let go.

"Where did he hit you?" I question pulling back far enough to see.

"My face. Bastard gave me a bloody nose."

His nose was red and looked as if it had bled. There was a faded purple bruising on the side, showing that it would come in more prominent tomorrow.

"When can we go home? I don't want to be here anymore," he says. "I've already talked to the officers."

"I can ask. I'll be right-"

"No, wait, just stay with me."

"Hyunjin-"

"Please. We can talk to them later. I know neither of us want to be here, but I just need you right now."

"Okay. Okay, I'll stay. They'll probably come and tell us. I'll stay with you."

•How was this?