4: Stray Kids: Jisung

As all eight of them walk through the streets of Busan, Jisung was the only one who was being completely silent. He had the look of loneliness etched on his face.

But of course, how could he be lonely? There were eight of his dearest friends around him. They were all having fun, joking around. You can't be lonely with people around you, right?

The feeling he had inside wasn't very surprising. When you're with people all the time, sometimes you start to disconnect. It becomes a chore to smile with them.

Han Jisung was a lonely person. He'd come back to the house around four in the morning, tired and disheveled. He would talk to himself inside his head, which to him, was fine, but talking to yourself can bring unwanted anxiety and insecurities. And loneliness.

You become aware of your loneliness when you do the smallest things. When you hear the smallest things. When you think the smallest things.

Oh? Sorry, Minho's busy today. He probably just doesn't want to hang out with you. You're annoying, after all. You say the dumbest shit. Don't fucking touch them, they hate that.

The littlest possible things hit you in your head and make you believe false things. So when you're with those people, all you can do is think about how that one time they called you annoying or when they jokingly insulted you.

That made Jisung lonely. He pushed his mind away from people. He was there with them, but not in the way that he should be.

He had his hands in his pockets, gathering warmth. His eyes looked forward, but he couldn't see anything. He was spaced out, too much to notice that the guys had started to quiet down due to his own silence.

They had noticed this sudden down aura. Jisung had it radiating off of him. From the way he walked but barely lifted his feet, as if gravity was pushing too hard on him, to the way the corner of his lips sagged into sadness.

Felix curved his path, making his way towards his best friend. Setting his hand gently on his shoulder, he began to ask if the other was okay.

"Yeah, I'm good, Fe," Jisung smiled lightly, though his eyes didn't have any light in them. They stared large and wide into Felix's as he smiled, revealing his depressing state.

"Alright dude. Come on guys, let hit the park," the Aussie spoke, letting his hand take in Jisung's so he could pull him into a run.

This time, Jisung smiled, liking the way how his friend discretely dismissed the bad atmosphere and instead brought up the mood by forcing everyone to race. That's why Jisung liked Felix. He was a good person. Always making sure everyone was okay before lifting their moods by doing something small.

Felix was a good friend. Better than I could be, the small rapper thought to himself. He shook the distracting thoughts away, focusing on his friends and the memories they were going to make.

Yeah, he thought, I'll be okay tonight.

•How was this? By far, one of my favorite one-shots I've written•