39: BTS: Yoonmin

Jimin's POV:

My steps echoed off of the closed buildings around me, making it easy to hear that I was alone. I would've been listening to music, but someone - Namjoon hyung - decided to touch them and they just stopped working.

I sighed, hating that I had to walk home alone from work. It was always around midnight when I came home. I lived alone, so most of the time I dramatically flung myself onto the couch instead of my bed.

Abruptly, small quiet steps interrupted my thoughts. They were behind me, trailing quickly. My shoulders tensed and I didn't dare look behind me. Pulling out my phone, I called the best person I could think of.

"Jimin, baby-" Yoongi's raspy voice cut in after a few rings and fear struck my body once more.

"Hey Yoongs, just calling to tell you I'm on my way over. Had a really tiring day. I have a story-"

"Baby, what?" He had just woken up, I could tell. That didn't stop me from dropping hints.

"Yeah okay. So we had this customer who was absolutely nuts today. She kept saying that someone was following her-"

"Jimin, are you okay?" He tried speaking once again, but I hoped to the gods that he understood what I was trying to say.

"She was hysterical. Yeah, what? Right, someone was following her and she needed a quick hideout. Oh? Yeah, I'm almost there, love. You want me to pick up some spinach? Of course I will," I kept rambling, hoping he'd fucking pick up on my safe word.

After discussing things a bit after we had started dating, we both decided we should have a safe word. I hate spinach, so I thought maybe whenever I was in trouble, Yoongi would pick it on it.

"Oh fuck- Jimin where are you? I'll come get you," he said rapidly. I could hear a bit of shuffling behind me, and the continuous steps behind me.

"Guess what? A co-worker also broke my headphones. He said he'd buy me new ones though," I start speaking again, not trying to seem suspicious to the person behind me. "What do you mean? Of course I'm headed for E-Mart. It's the only place where you can find that stuff."

"Hold tight baby," he said.

"I'm about five minutes from there. Yep. Okay, I see it," I say, seeing the small building lit up with a 24-hour sigh in front.

Entering it, it wasn't long until I heard the door open and ring again. I assumed it was Yoongi.

"Are you there yet? Isn't it cold?" I say into the phone, still 100% cautious of my surroundings.

"Two minutes. Stay inside and pretend you're looking for something. Try and talk to the cashier or something."

"Okay, I love you."

I hung up, shaking my head as I went to the chip section. My heart was beating rapidly and I just wanted to be in the arms of my boyfriend.

Heading up to the cashier, I saw that they looked bored and tired. Trying to make myself less reachable from the stalker, I smiled at the cashier.

"Hello," I say, waving, "I was wondering if you have any cans of spinach?"

"Um, I'm not sure. They should be in isle three. I'll show you," he says, standing up and walking around the counter to show me where it was.

Once we were there, I looked around, not spotting anyone. Quickly, I thought of something to say.

"Excuse me," I whispered, "I'm not really looking for anything. There's someone following me and my boyfriend is on his way to get me. Please, help me."

Their eyes widen and they nod, kneeling as if they were searching for something.

It wasn't long until the door opened once again, and Yoongi stepped into my view. Sighing in relief, I quickly told the cashier and they said that they'd keep an eye on the man.

"Please be careful when you're going home tonight," I say, "if you need anything, here's my number."

After the number exchange, I'm quick to get out of there. A headache grew from the sudden stress but Yoongi smiled at me.

"I'm so proud of you. You're so smart. Are you okay?" He questions, kissing my cheek before starting the car after we got in.

"Yeah, I'm fine. That was just terrifying. I really thought I would've gotten mugged or something worse," I shuddered, fear still overtaking me. "Thank you for picking me up."

"I'm just glad you're okay. Question, did Namjoon really break your headphones again?"

I laugh, "yes. Yes he did."

•How was this?•