19: Stray Kids: Jisung

Jisung's eyes open and he sits up quickly, no words coming out of his mouth. He moves far away from the edge of the bed and quickly reaches over to turn on his bedroom light.

Another nightmare. He thought they were over. They had stopped awhile ago ever since his aunt had given him a neckless with a cross on it. He had put it above his bed because he doesn't wearing necklaces. He thought that it being there would help, and it did. For a bit.

Here he was, sitting criss cross on his bed, slightly shaking and forcing his eyes open. He didn't want to go back to sleep. Sleep was his enemy. He hated it. He wasn't scared... he just hated it. So much.

The worst part was that he was alone. He wanted to call someone. Chan had always told him to call if he ever needed something and that it didn't matter what time it was, but he didn't want to bother the already stressed person.

He felt like he hadn't been given full confirmation from someone to call them. He had multiple people come to mind when he needed to call them, but he couldn't.

It was four in the morning. While everyone was asleep, he was over here scared of a stupid nightmare. That led to depressing thoughts. So now he was on his phone, writing his story out in another characters point of view because he knew no one else who he would tell would care. He felt alone. No one was ever serious about what they said to him. More like comfort words instead of ones he could trust. It felt like shit.

You don't know how much he wanted to call someone so they could tell him it would be alright. So they could stay with him until he fell back asleep.

He had a geometry quiz later on at school. Along with that, a history test. And a drivers training exam. Forcing himself awake with only a few hours of sleep wasn't something healthy. His decision felt like he had only been given two options. Go to sleep and possibly have another nightmare or wait it out.

He watched as the time moved forward on his lock screen. He could hear the outside sounds: crickets, wind, and cars. The slight ringing in his ears didn't help. It only gave him a headache.

Such fun, he thought.

•How was this?•