131: Stray Kids: Changlix

"You're never home, Changbin," Felix argues, slapping his thighs with frustration. "All you do is work, work, work. You never have time for me anymore."

"I'm trying my best, Felix. You know the rules of my company. Especially cause we're in a gay relationship. Even when the dating ban ends, we wouldn't be able to come out," Changbin sighs, tightening his shoe laces.

The young rapper had a concert that evening, and he couldn't bare to leave Felix while in the midst of an argument. Chan had called and texted many times, but Changbin was doing the best he could to get to the company building on time. Everything was falling apart today.

"That's not what I'm talking about! I don't care about coming out to the public, Changbin. I'm talking about us spending time together."

"You know I can't control my schedule!" He shouts, his ears beginning to turn red. "I can't help that I'm so fucking busy and too fucking tired all the time!"

"Then maybe we shouldn't even-" Felix cuts himself off with a harsh cough. He quickly covers it with his arm, coughing a few more times before he forces it down. He takes a quick glance at his sleeve, seeing a few red splatters melt into his grey hoodie. He clears his throat, the coughs beginning to come up again.

Changbin frowns, standing and walking closer to him. "Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you sick?" He tries to grasp his sleeve, but the younger pulls away.

"I'm fine-" Coughs escape him once again, blurring his vision with tears. He covers his mouth, speed walking to the kitchen. He pours himself some water, drinking it. After he swallows it, he drinks more, swishing it around his mouth and spitting it into the sink. There, more blood was mixed in with his saliva. He shakes his head, washing it down the drain.

Changbin stands behind him, confused and concerned. "Lixie, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," he stands against the counter, his back facing his boyfriend. "Go. You're going to be late."

"If you're sick-"

"Go, Changbin!" He yells, his fists whitening from his strong grasp of the counter.

The eldest hesitates, but nods, knowing he was in huge trouble already. "We'll talk more when I get home, okay? I love you."

"I love you, too." Felix turns around and gives Changbin a quick hug before letting him go. "Have fun. Don't overwork yourself. I might not be home when you get back. I was thinking of visiting Hyunjin today."

"Alright. See you whenever then. Love you."

"Love you, too."

When Changbin leaves, Felix almost falls apart. He had an appointment today. A surgery. Hyunjin was going with him to drop him off and pick him up later. He'd never told Changbin any of this. The boy didn't even know he was sick. Hemoptysis. Coughing up blood caused by a tumor.

He dials Hyunjin's number, going to the bathroom to wash his face. "Hello?"

"Hey, you ready? I was just about to text."

"Yeah, I guess."

"See you in ten."

-

Changbin, Jisung, and Chan had just gotten done with one of their middle stages. They headed backstage to get changed and get some water.

"Great job, guys. Changbin, you did great, but you kind of messed up your timing. What happened?"

"Pft, I did that on purpose," he waves off. Chan gives him a look. "I did! I didn't want the fans to think I was lip syncing, you know?"

"Yeah, sure. Just watch it next time."