28: Stray Kids: Changjin

Hyunjin's POV:

A cold, painful feeling envelopes inside my chest, making me cry out into my pillow. I missed him. I missed my brother.

He had left me alone. Alone to deal with my parents. Deal with everything on my own. I was supposed to be with him for one more year. Why couldn't he just have stayed...?

His so-called girlfriend was the one who took him away from us. That fucking bitch. She manipulated him so the point where this was the fifth time he had left. And that was the fifth time he had broken my heart.

I missed him. It pained me to come home after school and be by myself. Ever since he had left, life had been even more of a dick. I couldn't believe it when my mother had told me the news. That he had just upped and left, saying that he loved her.

How could you leave your family? Your family that loved and cared for you. That stuck by your side even when you had been absolutely horrid to them. I didn't understand.

I pulled myself up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. I couldn't handle being alone like this any longer. I pulled on my converse, not thinking about a jacket. I slipped my phone inside of my sweatpants pockets and grabbed my house key.

Exiting my house, I speed walked down the pavement near the city. I knew exactly where I was going. I had gone over a hundred times.

I entered the old building, trudging up the old stairs while tears continued leaking from my eyes. My arms were wrapped tightly around my body, visibly shivering from the harsh winds.

I knocked on the door, knowing Changbin was up since he had a weird sleeping schedule due to work. An awake older male came to the door, pulling it open before realizing it was me. And that I was full on sobbing.

"Oh baby," he pulls me inside of his apartment, "what happened? You're freezing. Where's your jacket? Do you know what time it is?"

I just shook my head, sitting on the couch that had a ruffled up blanket from where he was probably laying down. I shivered as I tried to calm myself down. I was in terrible pain.

"Jesus," he says before pulling the blanket up around my body and walking away to the kitchen.

"It's two in the morning. I assume that you just walked out of your house. And I also assume that this is about your brother?" he questions, setting down a cup of hot chocolate onto the knee-high table.

I nodded, looking away. Now that I thought about it, it was silly coming here. I should accept that my brother isn't coming back. Not anytime soon. I shouldn't be crying. I felt so embarrassed.

"It's okay, baby. It'll get better," he says, sitting next to me and pulling me into his grasp.

"I-I miss him so much!" I cry, my body racking with new sobs.

"I know, I know," he hushes, "he's an idiot for ever leaving you guys. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. It's not right. It's not fair."

"I want to hate him. B-but I can't. And my mother talks about him so much. I hate it. I hate talking about him. He left us in the dust. How could you do that?" I whisper to no one in particular.

"I don't know, Hyunnie. I'm sorry, baby. Let's watch a movie in my room, yeah?" he suggests, knowing that I only came here to be with him and not talk about my family the whole time.

"I'm sorry I showed up unexpectedly. You could've been sleeping, and I would've disrupted you. I should think more. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I don't care about me. I just want the happy, smiling Hyunjin back. That's all that matters to me."

•How was this?•