Boys are stupid

I looked up at the clock and chewed the end of my pen absentmindedly as I watched the seconds tick away. In ten more minutes that bell will ring and I will finally get to stand up from this impossibly hard seat that has my freshly belted behind itching with pins and needles…just ten more minutes.

“Miss Jonas.”

My head shot toward my professor and I pulled the end of my pen from my mouth, “Yes?”

“You agree then?” she questioned a slight smirk tugging at the corners of her lips, she had clearly caught me not paying attention and was making me pay for it.

“I mean…no?” I back peddled unsure of what the topic of discussion was, “I’m sorry Professor Davies, I didn’t hear the question.”

“That’s because you weren’t paying attention Miss Jonas, from now on while in my class I expect you to be IN my class understood?”

“Yes Ma’am.” I agreed sheepishly feeling heat flood my face as all eyes seemed to be on me. Thankfully she then turned her attention to another student lost in counting the seconds.

“Don’t forget to grab a study guide as you exit the room,” Professor Davies instructed as the bell sounded and everyone scrambled to gather their things, “I’ve taken the liberty of simply outlining all the material that will be covered on next week’s final rather than giving you a study guide to complete yourself since I know that the majority of you will never take the time to do so…feel free to thank me later, I am not above receiving chocolate.”

I smiled as I threw my backpack over my shoulder, if only all professors were as cool as Ms. D…I’d have a lot less friggin’ homework to get done tonight and a lot more time to focus on the date part of my upcoming study date.

                                                                                                ***

“I can’t believe your brother agreed to let me come over and help you,” Josh said a smile evident in his voice as we exited Chilton grounds and headed toward Kevin’s house.

“Never underestimate the power of my puppy dog eyes,” I said shooting him a smirk and batting my lashes before readjusting my backpack on my shoulders.

“Oh I wouldn’t dare,” Josh teased. “Here…gimme that,” he said reaching for the strap of my backpack.

“It’s ok I’ve got it,” I lied attempting to decline the kind gesture and nearly falling over as the books shifted inside the bag.

Josh shook his head and grabbed my bag before throwing it over his shoulder, “This bag weighs more than you Jonas.”

“That is the weight of impending doom, my friend,” I said with a sigh, “I am so screwed.”

Josh readjusted my bag on his shoulder, “Surely your brother doesn’t expect you to get all of this done today…”

“Actually he expected me to get it done last night; he gave me an extension until tonight.”

“So what is he going to do if you can’t get it done?" Josh questioned cocking a brow. "I mean he can’t punish you if you are working hard to get it done and there just isn’t enough time…”

I giggled mockingly, “Oh I assure you, he can and will. I’ve had plenty of time to get this work done but I was blowing it off and Nick was letting me because he was all guilt riddled about knocking up Cat. We have finals next week and I am spending all the time I should be studying for them playing catch-up and Kevin is not having it. He will definitely be handing me my ass if I do not have this all done tonight.”