I'M FINE!

(Cece’s POV)

“So how was your date?” questioned Joe startling me as I peeked out the window at Nick and Cat. I quickly turned on my heels to glare at my second oldest brother, a smirk playing on his lips in celebration.

“You suck!” I said attempting to slow my racing heart, “You scared me.” Joe chuckled walking past me and entering the kitchen.

“Well, you shouldn’t be spying,” Joe said plainly as I joined him in the kitchen and took a seat at the counter.

“Why not?” I argued “He did it to me.”

“How was your date?” Joe repeated, ignoring my defense.

“It was fun, Cat is cool.”

“Oh yea, what did you do?” he questioned grabbing a folder out of my backpack and looking over my homework.

I Shrugged. “Talked mostly,” I confessed, setting my bag of candy and purse on the counter in front of me.

“Wow,” Joe said sarcastically, “That sounds really boring.”

“It wasn’t boring,” I defended, “It was actually really nice to have some girl time.” Joe looked up from my homework and smiled.

“Good, maybe with a little girl time you can finally stop acting like such a colossal pain in the butt.” He said with a smirk, I crinkled my nose in response.

“I wouldn’t count on it,” I retorted playfully before returning the smirk. Joe chuckled.

“I’m glad you had fun and that you like Cat,” He said tucking my homework back into the folder and setting it on the counter. “I have a feeling she will be sticking around, Nick really likes her.”

“What did you two do tonight?” I asked as Joe snooped into my candy bag and grabbed a handful of gummy bears.

“I had a wild night of grading papers and Nick had that guitar lesson with Matt.” Joe said popping a few gummy bears into his mouth.

“I forgot all about the lesson,” I said in a sudden panic “Was he nice?” Joe chuckled.

“It was fine, Matt is doing really well actually, I think Nick was impressed.” He said offering me a gummy bear, I crinkled my nose in disgust.

“No thanks,” I declined as I blocked his attempt to shove one in my mouth anyway out of pure meanness.

“You are the only kid I know that will turn down candy,” He said cocking a brow at me. “It’s rather freakish actually, I’m concerned…CLEARLY you weren’t raised right.”

“I was raised by the same people that raised you, dork.” I retorted.

“Well then, perhaps you are adopted.” Joe teased tossing a gummy bear into the air and catching it in his mouth before throwing his hands in the air in a mock celebration.

“Yes please, I’d love a complex before bed, thanks Joseph.” I snapped, not in the mood for his teasing.

“You are grumpy,” he said taking the bag of candy and putting it on top of the fridge. “Are you upset because Nick stole your hot date?” I mock laughed, deciding it did me no good to get upset, it only seemed to egg on his torment.

“Hey Joey…” I said smiling sweetly. Joe cocked a brow.

“Yes Cybil?” he said poking fun at my sudden change of demeanor.

“Since I’m ungrounded tomorrow…” I started , Joe immediately holding up his hand to silence me.

“You aren’t going out on a date, so don’t ask.” He said seeming to read my mind, I slumped my shoulders and jutted out my lip in a pout.