Spontaneous Flames and Stolen Waffles

-Cecelia's POV-

I let out a staggered breath once I heard Nick's belt hit the floor signifying that my punishment was over and could almost feel each of the individual licks of fire radiating across my backside as I slumped down to my knees and buried my face in my folded arms on the bed trying to catch my breath.

"Cecelia..." my brother's voice was quiet and pained as he brought a hand to my shoulder in an attempt to get me to face him, I quickly shrugged it away.

"Don't," my instruction was simple.

"Cee..."

I could tell he was trying to reestablish rapport after metaphorically (and quite possibly actually) blistering my ass. A gesture I typically found comforting after a punishment...but today's punishment was not typical. I didn't want to be touched, talked to or comforted...I wanted to be left alone. Not because I was angry, I'd given up on anger about half way through the punishment; it really served me no purpose other than to get me in more trouble anyway. My need for solitude stemmed directly from the fact that I was fairly certain my shorts might actually burst into flame from the heat radiating from my butt; my immediate plan was to remove any articles of clothing causing friction. The sooner he left the better. I raised my head from the bed and wiped away any evidence of tears from my face with the back of my hand. "I'm fine, just get out...please."

Nick let out a ragged sigh before granting me my wish; standing up, collecting his discarded belt from the floor and walking out. Once I heard the click of the door latching closed I quickly hopped up and ran to my bathroom throwing open the linen closet and tossing towels aside until I found what I was searching for...Matt's lovely can of benzocaine. Walking over to the full length mirror on the door I gingerly peeled down my shorts to inspect the damage, the friction immediately reigniting the flames causing me to hiss.

Like a damn tomato...cherry red.

I could literally feel the heat radiating off my ass. Grabbing the can of Benzocaine I liberally sprayed my backside relishing in its immediate fire quenching power.

Worst.spanking.ever.

-Nick's POV-

I walked down the stairs feeling defeated and slumped down to sit on the last couple of steps tossing my belt to the floor.

Worst.brother.ever

"Is everything okay?" Cat's small voice penetrated the silence and I brought my eyes to hers.

"No, everything is not okay" I responded bringing my hand up to rub the back of my neck in frustration, "Everything is VERY not okay."

Cat dropped her eyes to the floor looking dejected, "okay..."

I cupped my face in my hands and let out a growl, "This baby..."

"Is screwing everything up for you... I know." Cat's voice was hurt as she lashed out attempting to complete my sentence.

"That's not at all what I was going to say," I corrected, "babies are not an inconvenience or a mistake ...I'm sorry if I made you feel like I felt otherwise...I just needed time to process. I had a lot of time to think last night and I realized that I love you Catherine and I want you to know that...I'm all in." Cat smiled, visibly relieved. "But..."

Cat's shoulders slumped, "I hate when there are buts..."

"Babe...I can't move." I said my voice shaking as I attempted to explain. "When Mom and Dad died Cee became completely apathetic and shut us out, that's when Joe and I decided that we needed to step up and raise her together...to show her that we weren't going anywhere...that she wasn't alone. I promised her I would be here for her. She has the habit of pushing people away when she needs them the most and she has been pushing pretty damn hard lately...I can't leave."