Peanutbutter and Cooties

"Wait, Professor J is your brother??" Matt questioned as we sat outside in the courtyard during lunch.

I nodded, "Yep."

Matt sat there for a moment trying to process the new information. "So then Nick and Kevin..."

"Also my brothers," I said finishing his thought.

"How is it that I didn't know they were your brothers?" He questioned, looking confused.

"I don't know," I said with a shrug. "They treat me like any other student at school, and Jonas isn't exactly an uncommon name here, so..."

"Isn't it awkward though, having your brother..." Matt trailed off, seeming unwilling to finish his sentence.

"As a professor?" I added, attempting to finish his thought again.

"Actually, I was going to say give you the belt, but then it felt weird," he said shyly.

"No, it's more awkward getting it from the other professors, besides, it's how they deal with punishments at home so I am kind of used to it."

"Yea, but doesn't your Dad deal with punishments at home?" Matt questioned, unwrapping his sandwich and taking a bite before offering me the other half.

I shook my head and smiled...no way was I about to consume food around this boy I had been crushing over for two years...especially if there was a chance there might be another kiss in my future. I had been sucking on mints all morning in anticipation.

"I live with Joe and Nick," I said, nervously playing with the hem of my skirt. "My parents passed away a few years ago."

Matt stopped eating his sandwich, suddenly looking as though I had kicked him in the jewels. "I...God Cece...I am SO sorry...I didn't..."

"No, don't be," I interrupted, hoping to ease his obvious guilt. "Its fine."

"So what else don't I know about you?" He asked, hoping to get away from the uncomfortable topic.

"What do you want to know?" I said popping another mint into my mouth, at this rate I would be minty fresh until next Tuesday.

"Everything" he said simply before taking another bite of his sandwich.

"Well, my great grandpa was one of the founding professors of Chilton, so most of my family has come here."

"That explains all the Jonas's," Matt said with a smirk.

I smiled, "Yea, we are Italian so....big families."

"So you are all related?"

I shrugged "In one way or another I would assume...but when all of the families have at least four kids and those kids have at least four kids and so on....it gets hard to keep track, I know that my great Grandpa was the youngest of nine."

"Wow!" Matt said, nearly choking on his sandwich.

"Yea, my mom and dad only planned to have the boys. I was kind of an oops...which is why there is a 7 year difference between Nick and I."

Matt sat quietly for a few seconds gathering his next question and I slowly lost my mind.

"So, what do your brothers think about you having a boyfriend?" he asked giving me a smile.

"I don't know, the subject has never come up."

Matt cocked a brow. "You've never had a boyfriend?"

"Nope," I said, biting my lip, slightly embarrassed.

"Would you like to?" he said, shooting me a smirk.

"That depends, are you asking?" I questioned confidently, mentally giving myself a high-five for keeping my cool.