'Mingos

"Well, that wasn't exactly the way I saw our first date ending," Matt said as he drove toward my house.

"I'm sorry," I said fidgeting with my hands in my lap.

Matt cocked a brow. "Sorry for what?"

I shrugged. "I tried to ignore Samantha...but I have just put up with way too much from her," I reasoned.

"Why would you apologize for kicking Samantha's ass? She deserved it." He said "Remind me to never piss you off though."

I smiled as he grabbed my hand threading his fingers with mine. "I thought maybe you were mad since you were holding me back," I said explaining my apology.

Matt chuckled. "Actually I was just concerned you would kill her...I figured you should leave the manslaughter charge for our second date," he said shooting me a smirk.

He pulled into the driveway and put the car in park before hopping out and rounding the car to open my door. When we got to the door he looked at his watch. " 7 minutes to spare" he said with a smile.

"Well, in that case," I said rearing up on my tiptoes and throwing my arms around his neck I pressed my lips to his. He grazed my top lip with his tongue attempting to deepen the kiss which I quickly allowed. The kiss was perfect...that was until the front door opened.

"Goodnight Matthew" Nick said his tone sounding upset.

Matt quickly broke the kiss. "'night CeCe," he said giving my hand a squeeze.

I smiled. "Night"

Matt nodded toward Nick before turning and walking to his car.

I turned to Nick. "That was kind of rude," I said upset that Nick had cut my kiss goodnight short.

Nick opened the door wide and stood to the side. "Inside" he said sharply and I cocked a brow in confusion before stepping inside.

I looked at my watch...still 5 minutes to spare. "You ruined my goodnight kiss," I pouted.

"Where is Joe?" Nick asked his tone still firm.

"He told Matt to bring me home, he was helping Kevvy transport some of the kids back to campus that had been drinking." I said.

Nick cocked a brow. "Were you drinking?"

"No! of course not," I said slightly irritated that he would even ask. "What's wrong, you are acting funny."

Nick cocked a brow before crossing his arms across his chest. "I received a call a few minutes ago from Mrs. Chase," He said. "Wanna guess what we talked about?"

I groaned, there was no need to guess, I knew exactly what the discussion entailed. And was fairly certain I knew where my current discussion was leading...again,fuck my life.

"Fighting Cecelia? Seriously?!" Nick said raising his voice "and even worse, Samantha? You two used to be best friends...her mom said you broke her nose."

"USED to be best friends, she has done nothing but bully me for the last three years," I said internally celebrating the news of her broken nose.

"So you think the solution to her bullying is to bully her back is that it?" he questioned cocking a brow.

I shrugged. I had no answer for him; at least not one he would want to hear, because in my opinion that was exactly the solution...I had finally wiped that smug look off her once pretty little face.

My lack of response only fueled Nicks temper. "Fighting is never the answer Cecelia, it never resolves anything, and it only produces more problems."

"It may have not resolved anything but it certainly made me feel better," I muttered. "Maybe she will think twice about picking on me again or stealing my work."