I Blame my Damn Alarm Clock

When my alarm went off at 6:00am I immediately reached my hand over to my nightstand and fumbled for the snooze button, after a few epic fails and some grumbling of profanity I finally managed to stop its incessant beeping...I WIN. I quickly surrendered back to sleep almost completely un-phased. I did this little song and dance every ten minutes, each time growing more impatient with the alarm's persistence before yanking the cord from the wall when it sounded for the fourth time.

HA! Beep now you beeping beep.

"CECELIA MARIE!" a voice boomed ripping me from my sleep. I opened my eyes to see a very upset Nick standing in my doorway. "Get your butt out of bed, RIGHT NOW!" I could not for the life of me figure out why he was so upset until I looked to find my alarm screen blank.

"My alarm stopped working!" I piped defensively.

It wasn't my friggin fault, I cannot be blamed for the alarms neglect to do its job.

Nick stormed in and grabbed the cord, dangling off the side of the nightstand, and held it up to me. "That happens when you unplug it, genius," he said.

"I didn't!" I argued, sitting up and pulling my hair back into a ponytail. "Did I?"

"Yes, you did," Nick spat, grabbing a uniform from my closet and tossing it to me on the bed. "I heard that damned thing go off at least 3 or 4 times this morning."

"No need to damn my clock," I defended. "Its life is hard enough as it is living with me as its charge."

"Don't I know it," Nick quipped jokingly, "and don't say damn."

"What, you can say damn but I can't say damn?" I questioned intentionally, pushing his buttons.

It's fun to watch his nostrils flare.

"Cecelia," Nick warned, "I am not in the mood."

"Why are you so damn cranky?" I questioned, pulling on my knee highs.

"Dammit, Cecelia! Enough!" Nick spat clearly, not appreciating my wit.

"ALRIGHT!" I spat back with sass as I pulled my school skirt on over my sleep boxers. "Damn!"

Nick cocked a brow. "Say it again," he challenged, taking a step closer to me.

Yea, right, I clearly had met my 'damn' quota for the morning...any more would just be excessive.

"I will be in the car, I am leaving in three minutes," Nick said, glancing at his watch. "If you aren't out there by then, you are walking."

"Three minutes??" I whined."I'll never be ready by then."

"Well, then it looks like you are walking," he said bluntly.

I quickly shoved my feet into my oxfords before hopping around on one foot, attempting to fix my smashed heels. "Nicky, please don't leave," I begged. "I will hurry."

"I am already late as is," Nick argued. "Two minutes."

"Nicky! You don't even have a class first block on Wednesdays!" I whined, throwing a white cami over my tee shirt before doing a Houdini like maneuver and removing the tee from underneath. Nick cocked a brow at my impressive skill.

Hey, when you grow up with brothers, you learn to be crafty. They never seem to remember to knock before barging into a room...a naked situation could get very awkward.

"I have a parent teacher meeting in 15 minutes," he said, checking his watch again. "I'm going to the car, I mean it, I will make you walk."

"I'll be late!" I squeaked, throwing my blouse on and attempting to button it while brushing my teeth.

"Not my problem," Nick said. "You should have gotten up on time."

I grabbed my bag and followed him down the stairs opting to skip any sort of primping, I could not be late and earn a second truancy, getting the belt was not really my idea of the way to start off a day.

"You look like shit," Morgan said as I walked up to my locker.

"Thanks so much for noticing," I grumbled as I shoved my bag into my locker. "Tell me again why we are friends?"

Morgan scoffed. "It was an arranged friendship, remember," she said with a smirk. "You will learn to love me in time."

"Mmmhmmm," I mumbled. "That's what you keep telling me."

"So, seriously, what's up with the disheveled look you have going on?" She asked, waving her hands in the air and gesturing to me for emphasis. "Not that I am complaining, the worse you look, the better I appear...I'm just curious."

I rolled my eyes. "Apparently, I snoozed one too many times this morning," I said, grabbing my book for Joe's class.

"Why do you even own an alarm clock?" she questioned cocking a brow "You never actually use it."

"Excuse me...I use it for things," I argued. "Radio, nightlight, not to mention it balances out my bedside table."

Morgan rolled her eyes. "You are ridiculous."

"That's why you love me," I said closing my locker and shooting her a smile.

"It's true...I am for some reason drawn to hopeless cases," she said with a smirk. "I blame it on being a preacher's daughter."

I playfully nudged her shoulder and smiled "I'll see you at lunch."

"Sounds like a plan" Morgan said as she turned to walk down the hall "Oh, and don't be crabtastic today...it will only get you into trouble." She said over her shoulder before disappearing around the corner.

Pfft...I was not crabby.

"Morning Beautiful" Matt said as he came up behind me in the hall on the walk to Joe's class.

"Morning" I said with a smile "How is Zelda?"

Matt chuckled. "I'm good thanks for asking," He joked.

"I'm sorry, its just, Zelda is kind of my baby and ..."

"Zelda is fine," Matt assured me, "She is in her case leaning against my wall."

I smiled, "So did you practice anymore last night?"

"A little," he said as we came to Joe's class, "My fingers were sore and I had to finish the paper for today so..."

"SHIT!!" I squeked immediately remembering the paper that was due today.

Matt's eyes widened, "You didn't do the paper? And I wouldn't scream shit so loud...your brother is right there."

"I did the paper," I said with a sigh "I didn't BRING the paper." Fuck me...Joe was going to flip out, I should have just walked to school and taken the truancy...at least then I wouldn't have forgotten my paper on the kitchen counter...I was screwed either way, but at least truancy wouldn't effect my grade the way not turning in a paper would. I contemplated for a moment running home.

"There you are CeCelia," Joe said meeting us at the door. "I thought I heard your mouth."

UGH! Fantastic, why is it boys never hear a word you say until you say something you don't want them to hear? Can I go back to bed now and start over, today sucks, I blame that damned alarm clock!